Coby MPC-741 + Xin SuperMini-3
Dec 13, 2005 at 7:29 PM Post #16 of 34
Hi, Inkmo. Good to hear you go for iAudio. I'm sure it's a good choice. Remember to post your impressions.

My Coby is working flawlessly with my MINI-3 and KSC-75 for almost a month now. It's a quality build, no scratches, and is still pumping out good sound while I'm on-the-road.

Dec 14, 2005 at 7:43 AM Post #17 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenleaves
Coby's menu is English but it supports both English and Chinese ID3 Tags. Not sure it also supports other locals in ID3 Tags.

Thanks, just got one off eBay. I also own the MPIO FL100, but I can't wait to try out the Coby. The short battery life on the FL100 has been bothering me, thus the Coby seems very attractive.

Dec 14, 2005 at 7:51 PM Post #18 of 34
This player intrigues me. One question. The Coby site says that it only supports up to 512 MB SD card. Your review says you used a 1GB card??? I am confused.
blink.gif

Dec 14, 2005 at 8:23 PM Post #19 of 34
Cool, keep us posted, GL. There are so little in the way of opinions floating around about this player, I was unwilling to bite. I'd like to see it become something like the KSC35 for the portable audio forum
biggrin.gif

We can have a countdown on the last few days of its warranty....

Dec 15, 2005 at 5:21 AM Post #20 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by KrazyIvan
This player intrigues me. One question. The Coby site says that it only supports up to 512 MB SD card. Your review says you used a 1GB card??? I am confused.
blink.gif

The Sandisk 1Gb SD works with no problem. Hasn't tried the 2Gb card yet. Often time specs may tend to be on the safe side for compatibility reasons.

Dec 15, 2005 at 8:02 AM Post #21 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inkmo
I'd like to see it become something like the KSC35 for the portable audio forum
biggrin.gif

That would be a sweet combination. Portable and great sound for under $100.

Slightly off topic, but does anyone know if the COBY MPC-781 has an expandable slot? It's the 1gb version of the MP-C741 but I can't seem to find much info on it.

Dec 15, 2005 at 5:16 PM Post #22 of 34
MP-C781 does come with a SD card slot as noted below. It has a 1Gb internal memory that I like better.

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Produc...uctCode=385132

BTW, you don't need Coby to be connected to a PC or MAC to upload files into a SD card. Any SD card reader will do the job by simple drag and drop. This means that you can preload your favorable albums into the SD cards, and carry with you a few AAA batteries, you can then enjoy your music any time and any where without worrying running out of power problems. This is one of the great features of Coby that I value most.

Dec 23, 2005 at 3:53 PM Post #23 of 34
Since the C641 has the SD slot and I don't need an FM tuner I decided to go with it. It only has 256 megs but the SD card slot will make up for that. Scored one on ebay for just under $18.
biggrin.gif

Jan 17, 2006 at 3:02 PM Post #24 of 34
Quote:

The Sandisk 1Gb SD works with no problem. Hasn't tried the 2Gb card yet. Often time specs may tend to be on the safe side for compatibility reasons.

Update: Just bought an A-Data 2Gb 150x SD card at $110 off ZipzoomFly. Both Coby MP-C741 and Rio Forge can read it with no problem, except MPIO FL-100. Coby and Forge have worked great so far in addition an excellent FM tuner. Now I have a 2.25Gb full of load of music realtime and an extra 1Gb music standby. MINI-3 turns out to be a great companion. I can't tell the difference between iRiver-h120 and Coby with my Koss KSC75 while I'm on the road listening.

Jan 17, 2006 at 3:36 PM Post #25 of 34
Quote:

mini3coby7416zr.jpg

Enjoy!

I really like the doorbell on the front!

See ya
Steve

Mar 7, 2006 at 11:59 PM Post #28 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by drdrtsai
That's pretty sweet. 2GB flash, great battery life, replaceable battery.

Does the Coby MP-C741 offer playlist support?

It does supports playlist but I haven't tried it myself.

Apr 2, 2006 at 7:48 PM Post #29 of 34
Sorry to dig this thread back up, but does the coby use usb 2.0? The cobyusa site doesn't say anything about the usb spec. And i'm guessing it's also a drag and drop sd card reader like most sd card players?

Has anyone tried the 4gb sd cards on these players yet?

May 14, 2006 at 7:08 PM Post #30 of 34
I have a few questions:

1. How does it work with rechargeable nimh aaa batteries?

2. How well does the fm recording work?

3. USB 2.0 is a good question. I suspect it's usb 1.1, which will be slow for transferring songs to internal memory. Right?

4. Can you transfer files between built-in storage and SD?

Amazon has the 512mb version of this for about $50 delivered, so it's about the least expensive player of its type. I think I'm going to order it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back