Coaxial input on Ultra Micro
Apr 25, 2010 at 11:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Arctia

100+ Head-Fier
It doesn't look like a standard Coax slot. What adapter do I need? A picture would be nice.

May 6, 2010 at 3:10 PM Post #4 of 8
it's too bad they don't have a full size coax input.  although the adapter works like a charm,I prefer to use optical because i don't need to use an adapterof some kind.  it's too bad because coax sound really good.

May 6, 2010 at 3:35 PM Post #5 of 8
I've grown to dislike the 1/8" connections.  They aren't reliable. 
frown.gif

May 14, 2010 at 1:14 PM Post #7 of 8

Quote:
Howdy Aimlink, 

Just wanted to mention please don't hesitate to let us know if you're having issues with your HR Micro 3.5mm mini-jacks -- they're covered under HeadRoom warranty! 

redface.gif

It's a problem I have with them in general.  It's not only with my Ultra Micro Amp/DAC.  I have to put it down to the frailty of the connection and how easily the plug can become partially dislodged.  The thing is that the connection when partially broken will still lead to sound through both channels.  However, there's a loss of dynamics that doesn't become apparent until you push on the plug while wondering why is it that the sound seems so lifeless, or even worse, you just happen to be checking the connection, knowing that it so often loses its proper seating.  I have my MicroAmp connected to a pair of external speakers in my office.  Some time back, I was hearing music only from one channel of my headphones.  I was quite taken aback by this and started accepting the fact that the amps plug was broken.  I decided to just check the connections on the back and very much so, the 1/8" output connection to the speakers was very partially dislodged.  Just a half millimetre push and it was fine.  This sort of thing doesn't happen with RCA connections and 1/4" plugs.

1/8" plugs make for a reasonable trade-off with portable devices.  However, for non-portable, I'll personally not go there.

May 14, 2010 at 5:21 PM Post #8 of 8
I personally didn't ancounter any issues with 1/8 plugs so far,I just pluggin the headphone (or whatever) and don''t touch it.   but i DO prefer not to use any sort of adapters and that's i have to with my 1/4 plug headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back