Coax SPDIF splitter
Jan 7, 2009 at 7:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

vvanrij

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi,

I just bought a very good DAC (Vecteur C-2) but it only has 1 coax input. Now I would like to connect both my CD-player and my Computer (with a USB-SPDIF convertor I already have). Is there such thing as a high quality Coax splitter? It has to be high quality else the rest of my gear was just a waste of money
smily_headphones1.gif

Cheers,

Victor

Jan 7, 2009 at 4:10 PM Post #2 of 9
So you want a switcher, right?

I would not use a simple Y-cable for this -- it can lead to plenty of problems.

I find Zektor switches to be outstanding, for your needs, the HDS4.1 should be adequate (although you may enjoy looking at their higher-end switches): Zektor

A cheaper option is the Inday DA4X: SPDIF 4x1 Digital Audio Switcher

If you are truly looking for a splitter (in this case, a distribution amplifier), I can heartily recommend Inday's VDA-1: Inday VDA-1

Jan 7, 2009 at 4:18 PM Post #3 of 9
do you need simultaneous outputs or just switched outputs?

sounds like you need just a switch?

video switchers are JUST FINE for this. I'm talking about the old yellow rca jack composite (not component, but composite) video switchers.

spdif is 75ohm just like video. they did this ON PURPOSE.
wink.gif

personally I've found spdif to be very robust and even using cheap spdt switches seem to work Just Fine(tm) for me with digital audio.

Jan 7, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #4 of 9
Hmm interesting, well basicly I want it to not lose any quality (or at least as minimal is as possible), and as cheap as possible. Indeed only switched outputs, one at a time. Where could I find this?

Jan 7, 2009 at 9:31 PM Post #5 of 9
Jan 8, 2009 at 3:54 PM Post #6 of 9
I'm not being impatient here, just getting tired of swapping cables, anybody got a clue?

Apr 17, 2009 at 4:10 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by vvanrij /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm interesting, well basicly I want it to not lose any quality (or at least as minimal is as possible), and as cheap as possible. Indeed only switched outputs, one at a time. Where could I find this?

here:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f6/pos...ml#post5613038

wink.gif

if you don't mind some DIY, you can build this for cheap.

I'll be posting the DIY details shortly (still some more testing to be done before its ready for release).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back