Coax&optical to 1 optical box question
Dec 18, 2020 at 3:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ejswa51

Head-Fier
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I hope one of you could give me some advice.
I have a cd player with a coax digital out and a Yamaha WCX50 with one digital (optical toslink) in. Doable to connect, so no question there.
However, I would like to add a Chromecast audio with it's spdif digital out capability to the system. So what am I looking for:
A little box with a coax input coming from the CD player and an optical input coming from the Chromecast and one optical output that goes to the Yamaha. I would like this box to just forward the signal whichever port is active. So something passive is fine, but powered is also fine. I just don't want another remote or having to actively switch all the time whenever I want to use cd's or Chromecast on the WXC50. Does this exist and anyone know where to find it (preferably in Europe)?
Thanks a million!

Dec 18, 2020 at 5:19 AM Post #3 of 4
Thanks! However, I see an coax in and out but not an optical in, only an optical out. So where the cdplayer goes to the coax in, where does the Chromecast go? Or is the port called "optical out" maybe also an input?

Dec 18, 2020 at 7:11 AM Post #4 of 4
Thanks! However, I see an coax in and out but not an optical in, only an optical out. So where the cdplayer goes to the coax in, where does the Chromecast go? Or is the port called "optical out" maybe also an input?
You didn't read far enough down the linked page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back