Cnet you gotta be joking me...
Jul 24, 2005 at 10:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

phong

Head-Fier
Cnet has a 'Sunday Smackdown' between the Shure E4c and the B*se QuietComfort 2. IMO, I think Cnet reviews are horrible (i usually look elsewhere, especially a site targeted at the product's market)

I obviously voted for the E4c's and at the time of this writing, it is leading with 69.4%.

And it looks like Cnet gave the QC2 a rating of 8.0. I finally tried it on some weeks ago and while I may find them sorta comfy (note: i usually use in IEMs and i havent tried other high ends closed phones, so saying 'comfy' just means i wouldnt mind having it on for an hour), the sound stinks.

Again i find that Bose does a good job at marketing because still to this day there are people out there who are in awe of the QC2.

LINK

Jul 24, 2005 at 10:45 AM Post #2 of 8
70.3% for the shures now

my brother has a pair of QC1s and theyre arent that bad. not as good as my ER6i's, but the bass is nice, bloated and fake for bassheads. i also tried a pair of triports at target the other day. very comfortable, but i couldnt really judge it because i couldnt change the volume, it really was too low.

Jul 24, 2005 at 4:19 PM Post #3 of 8
I said it once, I'll say it again, don't trust any reviews by non-audiophile websites/people. Places like cnet know jack about jack. I'm sure bose gives em a lil "incentive" for a good rating/review, they are the a-holes of the ethical business world afterall . . .

Jul 24, 2005 at 6:41 PM Post #5 of 8
Actually I'm kinda surprised that that Bose QC2 isn't winning. I would have just naturally thought the readers of cnet were more likely to vote for Bose then for Shure.
rolleyes.gif

Jul 24, 2005 at 7:24 PM Post #7 of 8
Cnet dropped the ball again? Say it aint so.
They killed the rating for the iAudio X5 as well. Even though it kicked the ipod off of it's Must Have list. Go figure.

Jul 24, 2005 at 7:28 PM Post #8 of 8
Deja vu with the thread in the portable section. Basically, CNET, like every other review site, use the equipment for maybe 30 minutes. Every single person who has been here for a while and regularly posts can make a better review than CNET's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back