CNet editors compare Klipsch X5 and Shure SE310 head to head
Oct 22, 2008 at 3:57 PM Post #2 of 6
Heh, if you call it a review. Entertaining anyways.

I was entertained by the way that 2 of the 3 reviewers clearly prefered the Klipsch, sound, style, comfort, yet it was still a "tie".

On the final round the Shure got 4, 4, 4 averaging a 4. The Klipsch got 5, 5, 3 and they rounded it down to a 4, where as previously they averaged up.

I have earlier Shure IEMs, and the original Klipsch Image. The both sound great to me, but the Image is so small, and comfortable, that the Shure E4c went to my daughter.

Oct 22, 2008 at 4:39 PM Post #4 of 6
i usually like cnet and thier reviews but this is a joke, round 2 for example is a farce, the klipsch scores two 4's and a 5. the shures score two 4's and a 3. yet both average a 4. clearly the klipsch's should have won that round and in the end it was this farce that forced a draw.

im dissapointed cnet, klipsch had that wrapped up and i think cnet didnt like the way it came out in the end as they like me are fond of shure's

Oct 22, 2008 at 6:12 PM Post #5 of 6
Yeah I wouldn't call this an accurate review, mainly because they seem to downplay sound quality in favor of other things. Nevertheless it's interesting to see what non-audiophiles think.

Oct 22, 2008 at 7:24 PM Post #6 of 6
So... only one out of 5 "rounds" was actually dedicated to basically the most important aspect of buying headphones that cost that much in the first place?

Pretty worthless "review" IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back