CMoys and Airport Security
Nov 22, 2008 at 1:18 AM Post #16 of 22
Not long ago in my last flight I carried 2 clips, 1 zen stone, e260, i7, 4 pairs of iem’s, pico portable amp and laptop in my backpack. I walked right through and no stop or problems at all, not even one word. Funny thing is they gave my wife the 3rd degree and she wasn’t carrying anything o_O

Nov 22, 2008 at 1:26 AM Post #17 of 22
you can cut an audible fart at PHX and they will pull you. gonna see how they take my BSG custom next week. BTW left my precious Denon 1001's in seat 1A last night on the way from OAK to PHX, hope whomever found them enjoys them!...dammit

Nov 22, 2008 at 1:33 AM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you can cut an audible fart at PHX and they will pull you. gonna see how they take my BSG custom next week. BTW left my precious Denon 1001's in seat 1A last night on the way from OAK to PHX, hope whomever found them enjoys them!...dammit

thankyou...enjoying it now....
o2smile.gif
..... jk.

Nov 22, 2008 at 3:17 AM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No one hassled me about taking a pocket knife into the car

Well seems like airlines don't mind if you bring them on the plane either...not that I will ever be doing that again. Not sure how kindly they would have taken it if they had found the knife in the bottom of my bag...

On a whole, I personally prefer the train. In travel time on the east coast it is many times faster than dealing with getting to the airport, check in, getting bags, etc...

And you can bring a bomb on a train for all they care
devil_face.gif
[Don't try that on either though]

-West

Nov 22, 2008 at 9:39 AM Post #22 of 22
I've got a cmoy and I've only been searched due to it once (but once was more than enough). I've never had a problem at LAX (multiple terminals), SEA, BOS, or PHL. SFO TSA didn't like it very much; they almost flagged it as a bomb. I ended up having a chat with the supervisor over what it was; they took everything out of that bag and sent it back through x-ray after checking it for residue. It was not a good morning.

I'll be purchasing a commercial amplifier in the near future since I don't want to play twenty questions with the TSA about how two op-amps, a few resistors, and a battery isn't a bomb again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back