CMoyBB 2.03 Cutting Out
Mar 15, 2012 at 11:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ssrock64

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello, everyone. I've had my JDS Labs CMoyBB 2.03 since Novermber, and in the past month or so it's developed an odd problem. It will sometimes randomly cut out for no particular reason, but especially when moving around. It seems to be a problem related to the fit of everything inside, as when I put three amp straps and three MP3 players stretched over it it usually has less issues. However, it'll still just randomly cut out sometimes. It's not a cable or source issue, and the internals all look and seem the same as when I bought it.

When it cuts out it just turns completely off. It's like how it automatically turns off when things are unplugged from it, but everything is in correctly and it doesn't seem to be a problem with the female TRS in. Whereas when I need to change batteries the volume went way down and just fizzled out, this cutting out literally stops everything and the amp ceases to function.

Any help?

Mar 17, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #2 of 6
Oh, come on guys. I know you're hiding somewhere.

Mar 17, 2012 at 1:53 AM Post #3 of 6
I haven't seen this happen often, but it's probably a bad 9V connector. Use our contact form for warranty service. It's painless!

Quote:
Hello, everyone. I've had my JDS Labs CMoyBB 2.03 since Novermber, and in the past month or so it's developed an odd problem. It will sometimes randomly cut out for no particular reason, but especially when moving around. It seems to be a problem related to the fit of everything inside, as when I put three amp straps and three MP3 players stretched over it it usually has less issues. However, it'll still just randomly cut out sometimes. It's not a cable or source issue, and the internals all look and seem the same as when I bought it.

When it cuts out it just turns completely off. It's like how it automatically turns off when things are unplugged from it, but everything is in correctly and it doesn't seem to be a problem with the female TRS in. Whereas when I need to change batteries the volume went way down and just fizzled out, this cutting out literally stops everything and the amp ceases to function.

Any help?

Mar 17, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #4 of 6
Thanks! I'll do that if it doesn't solve itself in the next few days.

Mar 20, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #5 of 6
I had a similar issue with a v2.02, but I "fixed" mine with a 1" velcro square on the battery and a corresponding piece in the bottom of the case. Once the battery is immobilized, there's little to no stress on the leads, and the problem goes away. I'll probably pop the PCB out eventually and resolder the battery connector, but this method has been working fine for well over a year now.

Mar 20, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #6 of 6
Thanks! I had a feeling it was an issue of battery or wire movement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back