CMOY test points question
Oct 7, 2003 at 3:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

will75

1000+ Head-Fier
I have the power and amp section of my CMOY complete. I'm going to buy some jumpers and test it according to Tangent's tutorial before moving to the other components.

Problem is, I don't know where to connect the jumpers to the board. I know I need 6 jumpers (12 clips total) and that 3 go on the mini-to-mini jack and 3 go on the headphone jack. I need to know where the other 6 ends go on the board. Tangent said someting about attaching 1/2 inch temporary leads to the board. Is this necessary? If so, where do I attach them. If not, where do I attach clips?

Thanks all,
Will

Oct 7, 2003 at 3:15 AM Post #2 of 6
Actually, Tangent's annotated image explains this but his included "real" picture shows different placement of the alligator jumpers for what I'm assuming is the ground. Can I just connect the grounds to the jumper I have at the bottom of the board?

Also, he has V+ as a test point but the pic doesn't show it as having an alligator jumper on it. What is that V+ point coming up from the bottom of the board? Can I just not have it and connect the remaining two test alligator jumpers to the bottom ground jumper?

Oct 7, 2003 at 1:35 PM Post #3 of 6
Rather than try answering all your questions, I simply adjure you to take a deep breath and study the schematic and observe how it maps to the board layout. The connections among the sections should be obvious.

I don't know where you got the number 12. You need 3 for audio input and 3 for the output. If you haven't soldered wires from the power supply section to the amp section yet, you only need 2 more.

Oct 7, 2003 at 3:30 PM Post #4 of 6
The number 12 came from the total number of actual jumpers. 3 are for the input and 3 for the output. The other 6 are the other sides of said jumpers. Is that not correct?

Oct 7, 2003 at 5:33 PM Post #5 of 6
I guess you could think about it that way.... Since an alligator jumper comes with both ends connected by a wire, I think of it as "1 jumper".

Oct 7, 2003 at 6:11 PM Post #6 of 6
ok, that helps. I will buy 6 of them then. I'll try to figure out the schematic once I have the jumpers. Will ask q's as needed at that point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back