Cmoy Problem
Aug 24, 2004 at 3:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

IdiotTech

Head-Fier
I have a question about the cmoy. When nothing is connected to the cmoy, the headphones player and so on the values of the power rails are +6 and -7. But when i plug everything invirtal ground changes and one becomes +10 and the negative one becomes -2. Therefore only one side plays and the other one does it. Why is it doing this and what is wrong. Besides adding a buffer is there a way to keep it from doing this. Also sometimes when the cables are wiggled it will play from both channels. Any ideas? It would be appreciated.

Aug 24, 2004 at 3:18 AM Post #2 of 3
Maybe a short in one/both of the jacks? Try replacing them and see if that helps. For a few amps a few months ago, i had the same thing happen to me. I didnt bother to recheck the offset since i figured it was a faulty cable i made with radioshack plugs, there was a short between one channel and ground, so when you moved it just right and nothing touched, it worked great.

ivan c.

Aug 24, 2004 at 5:49 PM Post #3 of 3
It even does it when im not using jacks and just am using the alligator clips for input and output. But i also found that the balance is only affected when i hook up the output and not at all when i hook up the input. And i have gone over and checked the layout and connections. They all look fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back