CMOY pcb
Nov 24, 2005 at 5:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

jboehle

1000+ Head-Fier
I am thinking about making up a CMOY pcb to fit in an Altoids tin with 2 9v batteries. The thing that always frustrated me with building CMOYs in altoids was wiring the panel mount components, so I want to do a pcb with board mount components to avoid the tedious wiring job. Here is something quick I whipped up tonight. I just realized it doesn't have an LED (doh!), I will add that tomorrow. Think of the top right and left corners being rounded or chopped down to fit the rounded Altoids corner profile.

It's a two layer board. Green is the bottom layer, red is the top layer. The POT is one of the Alps RK097/8 kind from Tangent with the SPST switch built-in. The IN and OUT jacks are standard Switchcraft horizontal kind from Radio Shack and elsewhere. C1 is 12.5mm spacing so you can use the input caps specified in Tangent's CMOY guide. C2 caps are 5mm lead spacing, 10mm diameter. Resistors are standard 300mil spacing like all of Tangent's boards. I used a TLE instead of the resistor divider. The V+/- input holes would be wired up like on Tangent's PIMETA board. I'm not sure that the spacing on the POT/IN/OUT yet, I need to do a more precise measurement on how much FLAT space is available across the short end of an Altoids tin.

cmoy-altoids.jpg

Comments, questions, and flames are all welcome. Just looking to see what you guys and gals thought of what I had so far. This is my first pcb design, so please be gentle.
smily_headphones1.gif

-Jason

Nov 24, 2005 at 6:36 AM Post #5 of 8
blueworm, nice work! What 3.5mm jacks are those? How many boards did you get made up, and where did you get them fabricated? What program did you use to draw up the board? Any pics of additional builds with that board?

Nov 24, 2005 at 7:31 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by jboehle
blueworm, nice work! What 3.5mm jacks are those? How many boards did you get made up, and where did you get them fabricated? What program did you use to draw up the board? Any pics of additional builds with that board?

The jacks are these
I had 6 boards made up at olimex
To draw the board I usedPCB
Its an open source program for pcb design. I should have used eagle which is also available for linux. I'll justify that mistake with the fact that PCB is free/libre as in speech, and eagle is only free/gratis as in beer
wink.gif

The layout pictures posted are using a gerber fle viewer.
Which is also open source called gerbv. There is a windows version for those of you that have sold your soul to satan.
evil_smiley.gif

Here is my most recent cmoy.
bmoy0vd.jpg

Note I use "ricola" tins because I am unable to find altoid tins here in spain.

Dec 4, 2005 at 9:47 PM Post #7 of 8
Could I purchase a board for you if you don't need one of them, or is there a place you could recommend to buy one from ? Tangentsoft didn't have any cmoy boards there for sale.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueworm
The jacks are these
Its an open source program for pcb design. I should have used eagle which is also available for linux. I'll justify that mistake with the fact that PCB is free/libre as in speech, and eagle is only free/gratis as in beer
wink.gif

Which is also open source called gerbv. There is a windows version for those of you that have sold your soul to satan.
evil_smiley.gif

bmoy0vd.jpg

Dec 4, 2005 at 10:43 PM Post #8 of 8
Could I purchase a board for you if you don't need one of them, or is there a place you could recommend to buy one from ? Tangentsoft didn't have any cmoy boards there for sale.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueworm
The jacks are these
wink.gif

evil_smiley.gif

bmoy0vd.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back