cMoy or SMSL SAP-100 to use with DT770 Pro80? Or something else?
Sep 1, 2012 at 6:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Karido

New Head-Fier
I have been reading alot of threads about the perfect amp for the DT770 Pro80s.  And the most popular answer was to get either a cMoy or a SMSL SAP-100. This will be my very first amp purchase so I'm kind of a noob.
I found those two amps available here:
cMoy: Here
SMSL SAP-100: Here
And if those two arent that good, what would you guys recommend? I want something that is not portable and rechargeable so something that runs off a power adapter would be my goal because I will only use the amp in my room. My budget is around $100 

-
Found out that many people like the PV2V2 but there's an amount of people that hate it? Plus I couldn't find it on Ebay or Amazon.

Sep 1, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #2 of 4
Heya,

A Fiio E9 has a a lot current to pump into low impedance, so it works great with something like the DT770 PRO 80ohm.

My favorite with the DT770 is the Fiio E10 & E11. I use the E10 at home with it, and E11 when portable.

I say that as also having the Asgard, Lyr and NFB12.

Also note, you can use AV receivers. If you have one sitting around, it's a perfectly good headphone amp!

Very best,

Sep 1, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks alot!
The Fiio E9 seems like a good deal and it is for $99 on Amazon. The E10 can't be used while recharging so I'll pass on that. But what about the cMoy and SMSL? I guess the Fiio E9 is better?
Quote:
Heya,

A Fiio E9 has a a lot current to pump into low impedance, so it works great with something like the DT770 PRO 80ohm.

My favorite with the DT770 is the Fiio E10 & E11. I use the E10 at home with it, and E11 when portable.

I say that as also having the Asgard, Lyr and NFB12.

Also note, you can use AV receivers. If you have one sitting around, it's a perfectly good headphone amp!

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back