CMOY on PCB?
Jul 29, 2001 at 2:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

joensd

New Head-Fier
Hi there!
I wanna try another headphone amplifier and have an eye on the cmoy cause it´s so simple.
Because I have found a little case with jacks for in and out I wanna make a PCB design to use those jacks and solder them directly on the board.
I once tried to do it with a LM386 and it was a horrifying result.
Oscillation over and over.
Has anyone tried the CMOY on PCB and could probably send the design if it was a success?
What do I have to look for to not destroy the sound of the thing
(for example where should the ground be running along etc.)
Thanksalot!

Jul 30, 2001 at 5:20 AM Post #2 of 4
C.E. Hansen has already developed a PCB for the cmoy amp. It is makes the build that much easier and is designed for a specific Pac-Tec case. It also incorporates the Meier crossfeed circuit in the board. You can e-mail him at HansenCE@aol.com.

Jul 30, 2001 at 6:24 PM Post #3 of 4
Hello JMT!
Thanksalot for the answer.
I´ve seen comments about the hansen PCB but thought this is a "buyable" finished product so didn´t ask for that.
Toodle pip!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 31, 2001 at 7:30 PM Post #4 of 4
Hello again!
So my thoughts were right that hansen sells finished boards.
That´s disappointing cause I wanted to do my own board and gain experience with that stuff.
The other thing is that I come from germany and don´t wanna wait and give away that much money for a lil project like that.
So if somebody is inspired to give me some general tips so that the PCB-design doesn´t result in a noisy something I´d be glad.
Thanks and keep that site goin´
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back