Cmoy in Make magizine-no citation.
Jan 1, 2006 at 9:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

PachmanP

100+ Head-Fier
Any body seen the cmoy plans in the magazine Make? was kind of disappointing because I didn't see any sort citation, attribution, or at least a "for more information see here" kinda thing. Thoughts, comments, outrages, you're stupids?

Jan 1, 2006 at 10:36 PM Post #3 of 9
Aside from that, the CMOY is hardly a unique design, it's basically a standard circuit which is found in many application notes of manufacturers and in numberous books. Neither Chu Moy nor tangent can lay much claim to its "invention".

Jan 1, 2006 at 10:38 PM Post #4 of 9
really? oh. I didn't see the link although I did look for one. I had just been flipping thru it at a news rack. Well nevermind then. Thanks for the reply The Monkey.

guess this warrents a
My_stupid_posts++

Jan 1, 2006 at 10:45 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by PachmanP
really? oh. I didn't see the link although I did look for one. I had just been flipping thru it at a news rack. Well nevermind then. Thanks for the reply The Monkey.

guess this warrents a
My_stupid_posts++

biggrin.gif
lol, not at all. And I think you have a point: the link could have been more prominently displayed. Tangent's article is great, but I also think Make could have added a few resources links.

Jan 1, 2006 at 11:08 PM Post #6 of 9
I have that magazine, at the very end of the artical it mentions tangents site whic he's redone recently (and it looks great btw) where he know links directly to the headwize artical

Jan 2, 2006 at 7:55 AM Post #7 of 9
The Make Magazine editorial staff created that article from the text on my site (with my permission) but did not submit the galleys to me for correction. I would have done a few things differently if they had, but...

Jan 2, 2006 at 8:33 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by tangent
The Make Magazine editorial staff created that article from the text on my site (with my permission) but did not submit the galleys to me for correction. I would have done a few things differently if they had, but...

Hm, that's interesting. I think the article turned out well, but things make a bit more sense to me now that I realize they didn't give you any blues or galleys. That's a shame.

Jan 5, 2006 at 9:51 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Aside from that, the CMOY is hardly a unique design, it's basically a standard circuit which is found in many application notes of manufacturers and in numberous books. Neither Chu Moy nor tangent can lay much claim to its "invention".

In which case it should not use the "chu moy" moniker of "cmoy" which uniquely identifies the source of a person as original author of the design.
Better it would be called a "generic opamp gain stage for headphone use" if you choose the application notes example as it being a "standard" circuit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back