CMOY Done but a few questions
Apr 26, 2003 at 5:42 AM Post #17 of 24
Actually I do have several of them touching routed underneath the board and I haven't heard any interference so far (including several shake tests). You really do have to fight to get the ends stripped with that stuff. I believe they have some data up about out it at bottlehead.com.

Apr 26, 2003 at 5:44 AM Post #18 of 24
Amp looks great! Congrats!
cool.gif

Apr 26, 2003 at 5:47 AM Post #19 of 24
hey millercv,

I know nothing about magnet wire, it just looks like bare wire to me.
wink.gif
I’ve only used regular copper wire. I was just checking.

I like the choice in tin.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 26, 2003 at 5:57 AM Post #20 of 24
It is interesting stuff - It has some sort of varnish (or something) on it that you have to burn off with a very hot soldering iron.

This is my first headphone amp and I must say so far many CDs sound amazing (like Bjork's Vesprertine which I'm listening to at the moment) but several that I thought were good sounding are being exposed for what they really are. Kind of like with some DVDs if you watch them on a small tv they look great but if you watch them on a bigger one you can see all the compression artifacts etc.

Apr 26, 2003 at 9:07 AM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by millercv
A few more are up here

Please keep in mind that most of it was done very late last night so the innards aren't that pretty

Okay.. definitely cool tin, and thanks as I will be picking a tin shortly for the board I just purchased. I also like very much the layout of the external connections.
However, as you pointed out, the innards aren't much to look at. Keep it closed
very_evil_smiley.gif

btw.. is that a MS Natural under the desk I see poking out in those extra pics? That is the only keyboard to use. I got three of them lying around for spare parts just in case.

Apr 27, 2003 at 7:31 AM Post #22 of 24
Well amp 2.0 went MUCH smoother - Just finished and I'm listening now
smily_headphones1.gif

I didn't have a single problem the whole time and this one is laid out much better as far as the innards are concerned.

Pics are added to the bottom here.

Apr 27, 2003 at 7:34 AM Post #23 of 24
Ahhh. Much more clean.
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm partial to Penguin tins.

Apr 27, 2003 at 12:25 PM Post #24 of 24
Way cleaner.. nice work. I too like those Penguin tins. However, go to altoids.com and check out some of the tins they are going to be doing. I forget which thread, but somebody here within the last couple of days posted pics of one of those collector tins. Maybe it was "was it los?". I like those a lot.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back