CMOY and wires...
Oct 23, 2001 at 5:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Braver

Will upgrade headphoneswhen there's a MX600.
well, got most of the cicuitry soldered now. nood some money to order the jacks and crossfeed stuff to finish it.

I got a lot of wires running across the board tho. I layed out a few different lay-outs (.....hm), didn't help in getting less wires. I could've packed it a bit tighter, but my soldering skills and unwieldy iron don't allow for too much close-quarters sodering.

I got 12 wires already, but that doesn't include input, output, crossfeed and LED wires.

so, does this matter? have I created a RFI-and-noisefloor generator with opamp stage, or is it okay? I don't have a camera or anything, but believe me, it's packed with wires!

Oct 23, 2001 at 9:02 PM Post #2 of 3
hmm, I don't think the wires will be too much of a problem, as the cmoy amp seems to be very resistant against RF interference, be very tolerant of mediocre layouts (its VERY hard to get it to oscillate), and dead quite. Give it a try, it should work fine.

of course, good layout should in theory improve the sound/performance, just try to keep wires as short as possible, and avoid running them parallel to one another (cross at right angles). You can build an entire cmoy/47 amp without using a single wire on the circuit itself, by joining every part's lead to the next, though there's little you can do about wires for the inputs, outputs, pot, switches, etc...

Oct 23, 2001 at 9:17 PM Post #3 of 3
k, thanks. I made sure no wires are touching each other and are as short as possible. I just couldn't find a layout on this particular board that connects the power supply to the ground as well as the ICs. I could've avoided another pair of wires, but that would've increased the risk of solder bridges.

but looking at some pics of other CMOY's, I think I'm not doing that bad
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back