CMOY + Airplane Security = ???
Dec 26, 2006 at 9:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Ikrit42

100+ Head-Fier
I need advice...

I'm getting on a plane (2 planes?) to go to florida for a couple of days tomorrow morning. Specifically, getting on a plane with a book and my potable rig, which happens to include a recently self built CMOY.

I've seen one or two horror stories about security confiscating things, I think somebody had a Raptor confiscated, and I wanted to know if anyone's had anything taken out of their checked luggage.

I'm definitely not taking carrying my cmoy on, because a) it looks like a bomb, and b) I don't have the charisma/eloquence to convince the security guards that it's not a bomb.
I figure I'll check it, because while I can survive ampless for ~4 hours, I don't think I can survive ampless for the whole trip.

Has anyone had things confiscated from their checked luggage?
If so, please warn me, because it would suck to arrive and find my CMOY missing, or a note from Logan security...
frown.gif

THanks, and merry belated christmas.

(BTW, got a new Soldering Iron, a Weller WP25, and I'm about to make a wall charger for my Zen Micro.
icon10.gif

Dec 26, 2006 at 11:13 PM Post #2 of 4
I travel frequently with tools that are checked. They are usually searched at the airport and they leave a card behind saying it was searched. My tools include the typical screwdrivers, wire cutters, soldering iron, cordless drill, and a couple USB devices that they wouldn't be able to identify. (Plus IC chips, and electronic logic cards they wouldn't be able to identify.) If your luggage isn't locked, you will be fine.

Dec 27, 2006 at 12:32 AM Post #3 of 4
I think you'll be fine. I've been through with an unmarked cmoy a few times. The checker always stopped the x-ray machine on my bag though and took a closer look. One time they opened my bag to look at it. I'd leave my headphones plugged into them too.

After travelling a lot, the less you carry on board the better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back