cmoy acoustic simulator help needed
Oct 10, 2002 at 3:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

mikey

Head-Fier
hi has anyone built the cmoy acoustic simulator (a crossfeed device) ?
i build a low z version this evening on a breadboard and placed it between my source and the x-cans, ie , cdp > cmoy simulator > mf x cans.
it sounds very fine but i had to crank up the volume knob of the x cans to 12 to get decent volume.
with the meier crossfeed, a 9 setting of the volume knob gets me plenty juice.
this normal? or have i screwed up?

finally, has anyone done a comparison of the cmoy simulator and the meier natural crossfeed??

your help and opinions/views would be really appreciated.

thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 10, 2002 at 5:03 PM Post #2 of 3
It's been some time now, but I believe that is normal. I built the low Z version about 2 years ago and found that it worked better driving the headphones (after the amp) rather than between the source and amp. I don't have it anymore though so this is just from memory. Why don't you give that a try and see what happens.

Quote:

has anyone done a comparison of the cmoy simulator and the meier natural crossfeed

If you search Headwize you'll see a few comparisons. I believe Tangent has compared them also, although I don't know if he's posted a review. I've also compared them. I like them both quite a bit, but I prefer the cmoy just a little.

Oct 11, 2002 at 9:26 AM Post #3 of 3
thanks for the reply scott - having used the meier and having just had a sampling of what the cmoy is all about - i can understand your preference for the cmoy - i like it too and i will finish it up this weekend - thanks also for pointing me to the sites you mentioned - it is turning out to be a treasure trove of very useful stuff.
regards
mikey

Users who are viewing this thread

Back