CM7ti vs e4c vs superfi 5 pro
May 3, 2005 at 1:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

nsx280ps

100+ Head-Fier
Is the Cm7ti a match to the other two or e4c in terms of performance??

Im thinking of getting either one, i like the cm7 because it can be put on and off easily but is it any good compared to the other two?

pls help a newb

thanks

May 3, 2005 at 2:50 AM Post #3 of 6
Have you tried any canalphones before?
I own a pair of e3's and I found it super easy to be put on.
The sleeve designed for the e3 (and e4) is optimized for good isolation as well as comfort-wearing.

May 3, 2005 at 3:13 AM Post #4 of 6
the only canals ive had are the ex70sl before... and the SQ was so bad and was hard to put on, bass way too heavy and sound way too artificial...

I know the shures and UEs are a completely different class.... but the EX70 left me with really bad memories.. anyway.. I only have the MX450, E888 and B&O now... The B&O sound the best out of the 3 for a long way to me when properly put on, the sound is balanced and bass is tight and solid with rather natural sound...

I have limited experience.. but how does the CM7ti compare.. to say maybe even the e3c or er6i currently? is it at least comparable??

thanks

May 3, 2005 at 4:14 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx280ps
Is the Cm7ti a match to the other two or e4c in terms of performance??

I certainly hope not! $300 canalphones (E4) better sound better than $130 earbuds (CM7).

The CM7 is the best earbud that I've experienced but it still doesn't deliver the sound quality that full-size headphone provide. I'm hoping the E4 can deliver quality similar to HD595 and am planning to buy it when it's available.

I've been searching long and hard for audiophile-grade earbuds but I don't think such a beast exists.

May 3, 2005 at 8:15 AM Post #6 of 6
I have the CM7ti and the E3.

I prefer the CM7ti - if there's a better sounding earbud out there, I don't want to know about it!!!

The E3 has a great sound (for the mids and bass - IMO), but the highs sound like they're coming from behind a door. I like listening to the lead guitar solos in a bassy blues number, and the CM7ti just sounds better to me.
Note: This is me sitting by myself in an armchair, where isolation/portability is not of concern. The reason for earbuds/canalphones in this situation - Summer heat.

The E3 is a purchase made last year when I had a yearning to try canalphones, and I'm still not sure if they're for me. I purchased the CM7ti only a couple of months ago, and this was my first headphone purchase where I just loved it straight away and didn't ponder about whether it was worth the money I paid for it.

Take all the above as my experience and listening conditions - and not as a recommendation, because I, too, am reading all these E4 posts with interest (but again, I don't want to upgrade my canalphones either!!!!!)

pauls

Users who are viewing this thread

Back