Clueless on the EC7
Sep 23, 2005 at 3:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

bobeau

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey Guys,

Just got a pair today. I knew they were offset, but not this much... one side is like 6 inches long while the other is 2 feet!

For the life of me I can't figure out the proper way to wear these without putting full tension on the left cord and having a large amount of slack on the right.

Suggestions/photos?

Sep 23, 2005 at 4:34 AM Post #2 of 7
Ummm... help?
confused.gif

Here's a pic for those who haven't seen what the cable length is like, it's outta control.

What am I suppose to do, wrap it around my neck a couple times?
tongue.gif

dxit6c.jpg

Sep 23, 2005 at 4:51 AM Post #3 of 7
isn't it suppose to go from behind your head, hang down from one side ( the shorter side ) while the longer side wraps your head and reaches your other ear. but that looks really long.
eek.gif
They probably designed it for people with reallly big heads

Sep 23, 2005 at 4:51 AM Post #4 of 7
Hi bobeau,

Here is how you wear your new set.

First, put your L side on your L ear.
Second, hold your R side with your R hand and the cable go around BACK of your neck then put on your R ear.

Now, your headphones' split point should be around your left collarbone.

The advantage of this wiring is you can hang on around your neck when you want to take your headphones off, yet headphone don't hit the ground.

I hope you get the idea what I want to say.

Have fun with your new pair.

jpmikey

Sep 23, 2005 at 5:21 AM Post #5 of 7
Thanks guys, I did that, but it's still very weird. Unless you're built like Lou Ferrigno, lol... the right loop goes halfway down my back. Ugh, guess I'll be wearing under my shirt.

Sep 23, 2005 at 5:43 AM Post #7 of 7
Well after spending a whole day listening to over $3k of gear... not too bad actually. Unfortunately I'm only testing through my laptop out, these are intended for a Nano which isn't in my possession yet. I still have a pair of Shure E4C so it will be interesting to test against these on my work rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back