Club Esoteric
Jun 24, 2007 at 9:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

randerson3024

Owns the ultimate portable rig
Is there a Club Esoteric? If not, we should have one. Here are mine:

Esoteric_P-03D-03.jpg

Total_System_June_07.jpg

More impressions and reviews to follow. I hope others will choose to be involved!

Cheers,

Bob
wink.gif

Jun 25, 2007 at 6:43 AM Post #2 of 13
Wow! Are you your Esoteric dealer's best friend?
tongue.gif
j/k Glad to see the GS-X has landed (on sea
biggrin.gif
)

I cannot claim to be a full member of Club Esoteric because I did not buy it, but I do have near-exclusive use of it
biggrin.gif
I'm hoping my dad will upgrade his source soon so I can have the Esoteric for myself
very_evil_smiley.gif
This is a different picture from before because now the amps are stacked in order to make room for my lil' Stax amp.

p1070198copyke9.jpg

p1070196copykd2.jpg

Jun 25, 2007 at 9:06 AM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow! Are you your Esoteric dealer's best friend?
tongue.gif
j/k Glad to see the GS-X has landed (on sea
biggrin.gif
)

I cannot claim to be a full member of Club Esoteric because I did not buy it, but I do have near-exclusive use of it
biggrin.gif
I'm hoping my dad will upgrade his source soon so I can have the Esoteric for myself
very_evil_smiley.gif
This is a different picture from before because now the amps are stacked in order to make room for my lil' Stax amp.

p1070198copyke9.jpg

p1070196copykd2.jpg

If your parents own it, it counts! Besides, you probably use it the most.

I got my HE 60's finally, they sound great with the Stax amp. I am planning on ordering Justin's new Special Edition Blue Hawaii later this summer. They should sound even better. The HD 650's are truly transformed in balanced mode with the GS-X.

Jun 25, 2007 at 9:08 AM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that cover for your tv reminds me of those funky 3D posters. o.O

Isn't it awful? All that lovely gear under that thing - such is life on a ship!
mad.gif

Jun 25, 2007 at 12:04 PM Post #7 of 13
Checking in with a DV50s (sourcing my speaker rig) and a SA60 for the headphone rigs via Mapletree Audio LR-1/LR-1 PRO switch boxes.
Click photo if you want the supersize version:

Jun 25, 2007 at 1:16 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by humanflyz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
esotericzc8.jpg

Just joined recently, but sadly, my DV-60 is not with me right now
mad.gif

It will be soon.

Jun 25, 2007 at 6:55 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Afrikane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Checking in with a DV50s (sourcing my speaker rig) and a SA60 for the headphone rigs

What do you think about DV50 vs. SA60? I've listened to both but haven't been able to do direct A-B comparisons.

I have heard that DV50 actually has much better PS than SA60..

Jun 25, 2007 at 6:59 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Afrikane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Checking in with a DV50s (sourcing my speaker rig) and a SA60 for the headphone rigs

double post

Jun 25, 2007 at 8:32 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon L /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you think about DV50 vs. SA60? I've listened to both but haven't been able to do direct A-B comparisons.

I have heard that DV50 actually has much better PS than SA60..

I too have not done a direct A/B, mainly due to slothfulness, I cannot get motivated to schlep two 14+ kg behemoth CDPs and an amp about to do the comparison. From extensive listening to both though I find it very difficult to discern any big differences in sound between the two. The SA60 does offer a facility up convert Redbook to DSD, I find it works pretty well for good older recordings (Read, CDs recorded before the loudness wars really kicked into high gear.) and does sound subjectively better than FIR/RDOT. Construction and operation are different proposition though, the DV50S is built like a tank, the SA60 while still top notch does not match the DV50S in this department. Reading the TOC is way faster on the SA60.

Jun 25, 2007 at 10:01 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that cover for your tv reminds me of those funky 3D posters. o.O

I see a dinosaur
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back