Cloverfield - Discussion Thread.
Jan 19, 2008 at 5:04 AM Post #16 of 61
I thought it was captivating but not a great movie. Blair witch comparisons are valid. Would have been better if it was rated R (had an M rating here) as the point of a movie like this is to make you feel. You get more of that with an R rating, more shock, more revulsion, more excitement and a faster heart rate. There will be a high rate of people who will go to any pre- or sequel. I would. I found large parts of the story and some human behaviors very un-realistic. For the most part, it was very well done though. 7.8/10.

Jan 19, 2008 at 6:37 AM Post #17 of 61
I just got back from seeing it. It was pretty good, actually. The camerawork got old very fast, though. That was by far the worst part of the movie. I might go see it again just to see all the little snignets I missed the first time. What do you guys think of it?

Jan 19, 2008 at 6:43 AM Post #18 of 61
During one of the hectic moments, a woman suddenly jumped up from her seat and ran down the isle covering her mouth, most likely towards the bathroom.

That was unexpected and interesting

Jan 19, 2008 at 7:04 AM Post #20 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Walie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
During one of the hectic moments, a woman suddenly jumped up from her seat and ran down the isle covering her mouth, most likely towards the bathroom.

That was unexpected and interesting

I have a friend that gets a little ill playing FPS games...sounds like this movie would do the trick as well.

Jan 19, 2008 at 7:54 AM Post #22 of 61
The motion wasn't bad at all, during the majority of the movie it's almost unnoticeable - the beginning was kinda all over the place with the camera.

I found it a little bit short, but overall a cool movie.

PS: The next time you see it keep watching until the end credits have run through...

Jan 19, 2008 at 4:00 PM Post #24 of 61
SPOILER ALERT - SERIOUSLY

For those who saw the movie. I have several gripes on the realisticness of the humans, kind of what you're mentioning steven. If this movie was meant to be "realistic" aside from the monster... then how the hell did the humans become super heroes or something?

If a metal rod punctures your chest area near your heart, there is no way you're going to live for that long... am I wrong?

They all survive the helicopter crash except for the pilots? I would have seriously been happy if the movie ended right there with them dying in the helicopter crash. The whole theater went silent, it was like woah... that would have been a good ending to me.

The army would not have been that nice to the pedestrians, which is understandable. No one is going to be like "oh well there is one or two last helicopters taking off at 0600 in case you and your friends who are being completely irrational and stupid want to take them before we level the whole city."

Did that Lily chick explode in that room after being bitten? I couldn't tell, I could of coughed/looked away or something at that exact instant and there was just blood everywhere.

Did anyone stay past the credits? I heard that there is either a small clip or sound clip at the very end that I didn't stay for.

Aside from these gripes, I enjoyed the movie.

Jan 19, 2008 at 5:41 PM Post #25 of 61
Saw it last night. It was really quite annoying, the theater must have been having technical difficulties or something. The movie would stop for a two or three minute break every fifteen or twenty minutes. This can't be normal, can it? The theater had no idea what was going on, so they gave everyone a free admit-one pass.

Jan 19, 2008 at 5:42 PM Post #26 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tridacnid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Saw it last night. It was really quite annoying, the theater must have been having technical difficulties or something. The movie would stop for a two or three minute break every fifteen or twenty minutes. This can't be normal, can it? The theater had no idea what was going on, so they gave everyone a free admit-one pass.

i would have gotten up and left, at that point its not even enjoyable anymore

Jan 19, 2008 at 6:46 PM Post #27 of 61
I thought it was a great film. Very entertaining and it kept me on the edge of my seat. One of the most intense films I have ever seen.

Jan 19, 2008 at 6:52 PM Post #28 of 61
I loved it. If you can buy into the overall idea of the film, I think one can enjoy it. There is indeed a small snip of audio at the end of the movie.

I thought it was very entertaining. Kept me on the edge of my seat during the entire film.

Jan 19, 2008 at 7:00 PM Post #29 of 61
I've yet to see the movie, and I've never been to New York City. However, is this a plot hole big enough to fit a monster through? I see in the trailer that people are running down the streets, trying to keep ahead of the monster, and even midwestern me knows that you should duck into the subway to escape a monster tearing up the city on the surface. It's preposterous, but I have noted for years that people in movies always try to escape danger which is catching up on them by running in a straight line in the same direction as the danger. It makes as much sense as the sandaled Greeks marching on sand in "Troy" and making that standard marching sound. Yeah, sandals on sand sound just like jackboots on cobbles.

Laz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back