Cloud Storage, Music Collections, and 4G-Enabled Portable Sources: POLL
Jul 23, 2013 at 1:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

shomie911

500+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone,

Haven't been around in a while; a lot has changed for the better around here, community is bigger, the new user interface is really nice.

This poll is a question I've been thinking about a lot:

Will cloud storage, with ascending average download and upload speeds, really replace our need for local media storage or will having complete physical control over your own data be more important than the unification and ease of use that cloud storage provides.

As for me I love the cloud and used to primarily use Dropbox, but I am quickly growing to love Copy.com, Spideroak,  SugarSync for their each unique and interesting features, security and smart design.

I think Copy.com is the best cloud service I've used. Copy's reponsive web application, innovative developers and exceedingly generous 15 GB of free storage and EXTREMELY generous referral policy, which can increase your account by an additional 5 GB for both the referrer and the new Copy.com user, yes that 5 GB per referal for both sides. All they have to do is spend a minute to create a login and download the app either on their mobile device or their PC. Of most importance is that once you get start to accumulate referral 5 GB bonus, it isn't a limited time offer and there is no limit in the amount you can procure through referrals. Some members have over a Terabyte in free space. Someone has a lot of firends.

Copy

If you're interested in Copy.com and their free, fully-featured 15 GB account just follow My Referral Link here or below, which shows the full website address. Once you've made an account and downloaded the client for your Windows/Mac/Linux box or simply installed the app on your phone we both get an extra 5 GB each for a total of 20 GB and you can continually earn these 5 GB increments just by getting people interested in a great, free service.. You can also send a message via twitter once you've made your account and earn another 2 GB. I'd like to have enough space to help me keep all of my lossless music, as well as my work PDF's, flight charts, sectionals, Pilot's Operating Manuals, Maintenance Logs, Training Manuals, Vector and Raster design files, documents, forms, templates, and a whole lot of other memory intensive files. Now combine all of those files and add the Aircraft Photography business I started two months ago. I'm constantly on the move and I think having a significant amount of cloud storage space and the ability to share it with clients will help.

Copy.com Cloud Storage

https://copy.com?r=euCMy1

Spideroak is a great service because, not unllike Mega.co.nz, they have adopted client-side encryption and a zero-tolerance security policy, not even the staff can view on files stored on their servers, neither file names, folders, or filename pathway. Spideroak is my pick for security sensitive or confidential files.

SugarSync is the most polished of all the cloud services and it has several unique features, such as a dedicated system drive, two-way syncing to mobile devices, among other useful features.

So what is your favorite cloud service and how do you integrate them into your media libraries and your lives?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back