Cloud Cult
Oct 1, 2008 at 3:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

compuryan

1000+ Head-Fier
myspace: MySpace.com - Cloud Cult - Minneapolis, US - Indie / Pop / Rock - www.myspace.com/cloudcult

Cloud Cult is an acoustic/pop/rock/indie band I just discovered. They use lots of orchestral instruments on their tracks, which I really like hearing, especially through the lovely HD650. Their latest CD is "Feel Good Ghosts" and I really like it, its a quality recording too. The best tracks are not even on their myspace page. I highly recommend it.

Here is their latest CD cover:

51tgogcopglvp3.jpg

Oct 1, 2008 at 1:16 PM Post #2 of 4
Geesh, I like Cloud Cult, but they should take a break. Bands that release a new album every year burn me out. Not only that, Cloud Cult release huge albums with a ton of short and filler tracks. I first came into them with Aurora Borealis, burned out by Meaning of 8, which was merely okay. Happy Hippo in between, was killer, and one of my favorites from 05.

Thanks for the heads up. Is this new one worth it for waning fans who are a little weary of the schitck? For example, I couldn't imagine enduring the loss of a son. However, I might poke my eyes out if forced to listen to one more mourning track.

Oct 1, 2008 at 6:06 PM Post #3 of 4
I tend to agree with Virometal here. My favorite album is actually "They Live on the Sun", and Happy Hippo is pretty killer too. But these guys could stand to be thrown in the dryer with a new dryer sheet

Oct 2, 2008 at 4:54 AM Post #4 of 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back