clou or cardas
Nov 16, 2003 at 7:38 AM Post #3 of 7
Yes, I agree, seems the Clou cables have fallen out of favor for some time. Along with tortie's list I'd add the new Moon Audio cables too, which are referenced in the review tortie posted the link to.

Nov 16, 2003 at 2:46 PM Post #4 of 7
Sennheiser HD600 sound does benefit from aftermarket cables. Clou got it started, but are heavy, thick, stiff, and clumsey. Cardas got the sound even better and are much easier to live with. Others now make a variety of flavors with different sound and aesthetics; you are going to have to try them to find the one you like. And now the HD650 may have changed things entirely (I'm dying to find out for myself).

Nov 16, 2003 at 3:15 PM Post #5 of 7
The hard part in choosing, at least for me, was that all of the aftermarket cables I have listened to improved the sound but each had their own unique signature sound. Just because the masses like one or another cable there is no guarantee that their choice is the best fit in your system or your ears. A lot of reading will help. Find someone that has a system like yours and then hears what you hear and you may be able to pick the best cable for you. The other option is to audition different ones at meets near you. You may need to steal away to a quiet corner and forget about listening to a lot of equipment that day but it is an option.

Nov 17, 2003 at 8:11 AM Post #6 of 7
I have a clou blue and a cardas, and though I have not had a chance to compare them head to head yet (I have not had the cardas very long, and it is on HD 600s compared to the HD 580s with clou), but I would take the cardas if only because it is vastly nicer to use...it is flexible, while the clou is very stiff and has some microphonics. The cardas, is flexible and does not suffer from microphonics. But as has been said, both cables make a huge improvement over the original sound.

Nov 17, 2003 at 2:09 PM Post #7 of 7
To answer your question I dont think anyone has ever gone on record and said the Clou is better than the Cardas. The reason I chose the Clou was purely economics. I want to upgade to the Blue Dragon, I'm just waiting for some more feedback on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back