Closer to a custom Bluetooth pair.
Dec 11, 2023 at 3:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

deuter

1000+ Head-Fier
We there yet?
Seems to be a flooded market for universals but unfortunately the fit is always a little compromised as no two ears are exactly the same.
We need to see some mainstream iem manufacturers build some custom ones even if they are similar to the ultimate ear ones which mould the silicon to fit your ear canal on first use and then stay that way providing you a custom fit.

Dec 11, 2023 at 4:48 PM Post #2 of 6
We there yet?
Seems to be a flooded market for universals but unfortunately the fit is always a little compromised as no two ears are exactly the same.
We need to see some mainstream iem manufacturers build some custom ones even if they are similar to the ultimate ear ones which mould the silicon to fit your ear canal on first use and then stay that way providing you a custom fit.
I’m waiting for that perfect 2-pin adapter wireless set up to fit my CIEMs to. Maybe the iFi offerings but there don’t seem to be too many reviews on here (ie real world)

Dec 12, 2023 at 2:10 AM Post #3 of 6
https://www.adv-sound.com/products/m5-tws-custom

Only result for custom fit true wireless, not based on external adaptors, in a limited internet search. Perhaps more out there with more time looking. If the scarcity of options suggests a lack of a business case, that is unsurprising

Dec 12, 2023 at 5:08 AM Post #4 of 6
Without battery advancements I can't see this being feasible at all. The custom market is already tiny and none of the current TWS are user serviceable. And sound quality is worse than wired so there's no benefit for both the companies and customers.

Dec 12, 2023 at 2:26 PM Post #5 of 6
Without battery advancements I can't see this being feasible at all. The custom market is already tiny and none of the current TWS are user serviceable. And sound quality is worse than wired so there's no benefit for both the companies and customers.
Sound quality is getting up there with Bluetooth.

The wired customs require messy cables and a dap.

Dec 12, 2023 at 2:27 PM Post #6 of 6
Without battery advancements I can't see this being feasible at all. The custom market is already tiny and none of the current TWS are user serviceable. And sound quality is worse than wired so there's no benefit for both the companies and customers
https://www.adv-sound.com/products/m5-tws-custom

Only result for custom fit true wireless, not based on external adaptors, in a limited internet search. Perhaps more out there with more time looking. If the scarcity of options suggests a lack of a business case, that is unsurprising
It’s been there for a while, seems like no one is doing it.
The custom front side of the iem can be made modular so if the electronics fail you can just swap the back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back