Closed Version of JVC Marschmellow?
Dec 29, 2007 at 10:47 PM Post #2 of 13
I don’t know their soundsig, but if you’re willing to spend a little more.. EP-630 isolate quite well. And they’re not that expensive.

Dec 29, 2007 at 11:22 PM Post #3 of 13
The Marshmallow is already closed, and you're not going to find anything else that provides more isolation short of a true IEM. Man, if the Marshmallow isn't cutting it for isolation then you must ride some really noisy buses.
tongue.gif

Dec 29, 2007 at 11:48 PM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hemn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i want more isolation

Are you sure you've got a good seal? Because marshmallows isolate quite well with a good seal.

Dec 30, 2007 at 12:33 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Warhawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was thinking about buying these since I got a giftcard, do you know if they have more isolation(and sound better) that the sony ones I have?
In my sig...

With the stock foams, the Marshmallows are definitely a good step up in isolation from your Sonys, and they sound a bit better after the Kramer mod (remove wax filter and replace with foam) IME.

Dec 30, 2007 at 12:49 AM Post #11 of 13
the ep630 got to much highs

i had the akg k324, good isol. (to much highs)
and the superfi 3, very good isol. (no bass, to much highs)

marschmellow, almost no isol. (better than earbuds, but still not enough)

soundsig of the marschmellow:
lots of bass, good mids, no overacted highs

shure 530?
from a 20 dollor to a 400 doller inears?

80 dollors are the maximum

Dec 30, 2007 at 2:06 AM Post #12 of 13
Xtrememac FS1 for around $50, possibly less, should fit the bill. Best sound and isolation with the stock foams. Very good bass, good mids, not too much treble.

Dec 30, 2007 at 4:38 AM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by mwallace573 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With the stock foams, the Marshmallows are definitely a good step up in isolation from your Sonys, and they sound a bit better after the Kramer mod (remove wax filter and replace with foam) IME.

Lol 1 step up in isolation and sq, and 20$ step down.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back