Closed/sealed headphones for bus/train commuting?
Nov 3, 2001 at 6:57 PM Post #16 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by gloco
For the money, i think the Sony's kick butt...

(Comes back)

Maybe, but they don't isolate enough for the original poster's purpose.

(Runs away again)

Nov 3, 2001 at 7:20 PM Post #17 of 26
i voted Beyer250 simply because they're the only phones i've heard from the list
wink.gif
(and i own 'em!)

Nov 3, 2001 at 8:29 PM Post #18 of 26
Dustychalk,

Quit running away you! Nah, the V6's dont isolate enough compared to those buds. But i still think they kick butt, even out performing the Grado's Sr60's at the same price point (hope i dont start a war). I listen to both and the 7506's sound better hands down on everything. Hopefully (soon) i'll have a pair of Beyers and Akg's to round out my collection until i dip in for a pair of senn's.

George

(runs the other way)

Nov 4, 2001 at 10:13 AM Post #19 of 26
Would the ER4S work ok with portable headphones (I have heard they have more bass...) And do ety's have non-fatiging sound? I listen to techno/hip hop, and I was wondering if they have proper bass levels/extensions for my style. I currently own HD500 Senn's, that are nice and warm
biggrin.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
I like warm sound....

Nov 4, 2001 at 4:35 PM Post #20 of 26
No a1leyez0nm3, the Ety 4P is meant for portables, and has a slightly greater bass response.

For the poll, my vote goes to the Etys, assuming you don't mind canalphones. Otherwise, V6s.

Nov 4, 2001 at 5:29 PM Post #22 of 26
I was joking about the KSC 35s. Reread my stupid post.
ETYs!!!
biggrin.gif

Nov 4, 2001 at 8:48 PM Post #23 of 26
Ok, I had the two mixed up.. I might buy some, but I am sure I will lose them (Their soo small). Or the beyers, or the HD25's or sony EX70's maybe THX

Nov 4, 2001 at 8:55 PM Post #24 of 26
Nah, you won't lose the KSC-35's.

You don't really need the EX70's; the KSC-35's are better.... more comfy....

having these things stuck in your ear is.....wierd......

Nov 4, 2001 at 9:30 PM Post #26 of 26
I didn't vote for any of the canal phones simply because they're not comfortable for me (based on experience with the Plug and EX70). I can imagine that Etys will sound much better that these, but I simply can't stand walking around with things stuffed in my ears-personal taste you know. I voted for HP550 because for me, they represent the right ballance between good sound, decent isolation, portability and great price. The last factor is important also. Who wants to have a 300 buks phones damaged in the backpack or stepped over in a rush hour crowd in the subway.
IMO some open back earbuds, at least Sony MDR 888 should have been included also. Even open backed buds provide some isolation especially if you use foamies and they sound very good plus are portable ofcourse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back