Closed Portable under $250?
Oct 21, 2011 at 3:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

col902

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I have $250 to spend on headphones. I would like something closed and portable. They need to be comfortable as I will be wearing them for long periods of time. I would also like a very good sound. It would be nice if they were stylish as well. I will not be using an amp and will be playing them straight out of an ipod. Thanks!

Oct 21, 2011 at 3:57 PM Post #2 of 8
One to consider would be the Sennheiser HD-25 ii.  They are light, closed, and when broken in are quite pleasant sounding.  Very good for rock.  Some complain about clamping force, but I never had that experience.

There are the standard black can be had for under $200, where the Adidas edition will push your budget to your max.  These are my go to portable phones...

Oct 21, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #3 of 8

Quote:
One to consider would be the Sennheiser HD-25 ii.  They are light, closed, and when broken in are quite pleasant sounding.  Very good for rock.  Some complain about clamping force, but I never had that experience.

There are the standard black can be had for under $200, where the Adidas edition will push your budget to your max.  These are my go to portable phones...

i've looked at those, and my one complaint is that they dont fold flat, any other options?

Oct 21, 2011 at 4:58 PM Post #4 of 8
Although they don't fold flat, they still tend to be on the smaller and more portable end of headphones. If your looking for anything smaller then IEMs might start becoming an option for you. For the most part, there is a good reason why the HD25s are recommended a lot around here.

Oct 21, 2011 at 4:59 PM Post #5 of 8
AIAIAI TMA-1 also fits the bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 21, 2011 at 5:07 PM Post #6 of 8

Quote:
AIAIAI TMA-1 also fits the bill.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AIAIAI also released a Fool's Gold Limited Edition of the TMA-1. Simply beautiful headphones. VERY STYLISH!

Oct 21, 2011 at 6:22 PM Post #7 of 8
The Beyerdynamic DT1350 (the other phones in the video) do fold flat and include a nice case.  I want a set of these myself.  But, they are a bit heavier and higher then your budget allows.  I have seen a couple of these in the classifieds.  These might be affordable? 

The AIAIAI phones have the same folding issue as the HD25s.  But, there are DJ phone cases that will hold both of these...

Oct 21, 2011 at 6:31 PM Post #8 of 8

Quote:

i've looked at those, and my one complaint is that they dont fold flat, any other options? 

Since you want a closed portable headphone with great sound that folds flat, maybe your best option would be to save up another $50 and then purchase the Beyerdynamic DT 1350 as these headphones are exactly what you are looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back