Closed portable suggestions?: Step up from AKG K26P (or 414P)?
Nov 19, 2008 at 9:48 AM Post #16 of 19
<snip>

Nov 19, 2008 at 10:04 AM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by psyllium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you aren't looking to spend too much, I'd look at a pair of second hand K81DJ or K581DJ... get some HD25 velour pads for them and off you go... for a little while at least :p.

Yeap, was considering getting the AKGs while I save up for the ESW9s, but I dunno if it'd be a bit of a waste just as a temporary solution. I mean, I do have my Denon C551s to bring around. I'm kinda also concerned that I won't use the ESW9s are portables, actually. I dunno! I dunno! Maybe I should wait till I sell the D1001s... There's an idea...

Nov 19, 2008 at 10:15 AM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeap, was considering getting the AKGs while I save up for the ESW9s, but I dunno if it'd be a bit of a waste just as a temporary solution. I mean, I do have my Denon C551s to bring around. I'm kinda also concerned that I won't use the ESW9s are portables, actually. I dunno! I dunno! Maybe I should wait till I sell the D1001s... There's an idea...

Yeah I have ESW9s and I don't really feel like using them as 'out on the street' portables... I think they are too nice for that! My D1001's are so much more comfortable than them though, if only the mid-high range was that bit crisper... Time to do a cable mod on them I reckon - I just have to get the drive to buy the equipment required
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 19, 2008 at 11:02 AM Post #19 of 19
^ Right, which suggests to me that I should hold off the ESW9 (chances are 10 will no longer be available new then) and get some mid-fi portables. I wouldn't want to eat into my ESW9 budget by getting HD25s. So...what are my options? The K51s, the ATH SQ5s, the Senn HD280s (these a bit pricey over here though)...anything else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back