Closed, Portable, Separation, <$140.
Feb 16, 2007 at 10:20 AM Post #16 of 20
Yes, anything I get is before shipping.

The ES7's look incredibly appealing to me, especially in their supposed "bass factor", but I'm worried as I've heard that the price is more for style than for substance. Do the ES7's compare favorably to other cans in their price range?

I was also considering the K81DJ but I pretty much read enough that it wasn't really superior to other closed cans in its price range.

Feb 16, 2007 at 1:05 PM Post #17 of 20
As far as i know theyre peerless in their price range for a closed portable.

Feb 16, 2007 at 5:13 PM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by _M2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey welcome to the new age. es7>sj5>k81

yeah but the k81 is also the cheapest, its like the grado sr 60>ksc 75, but hey, the ksc is like 1/3rd the price of the grado.

Feb 16, 2007 at 5:55 PM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Esidarap /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some to consider: Sony MDR-D66SL Eggo, Sennheiser HD25SP, audio-technica ATH-ES5.

I would not recommend the D66SL for techno unless you do not really like all that bass-stuff in electronic music
tongue.gif

the D66SL are too bass shy for this kind of music... and they are still my main portable (closed) choice, but then again (1) I'm not a bass-head and (2) I don't regularly listen to techno

Feb 17, 2007 at 12:05 PM Post #20 of 20
Alright. I bit on the ES7. Hey, at least if it disappoints in the sound spectrum (which I'm hoping and betting it won't) I'll still have a gorgeous-looking pair of headphones.

Thanks for all the help, guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back