Closed portable Headphones
Sep 6, 2015 at 6:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

bianchip37

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone !

I need a new closed portable headphone for my Fiio X5 for r Rock and Metal. I've bought the Momentum over ear but i sell it because they sounded veiled to me, Sony mdr 1r but i don't like because they sounded bassy and congested and now i have Sennheiser hd 25 they are fun with controlled bass but the soundstage is arretrated and detail is poor. In many forums i've read review of Beyerdinamic dt 1350 and i read that have a neutral and more detailed sound than Momentum, if this is true they become my definitive closed portable headphones, it's true ?, and what about Oppo pm 3 ?

Sep 7, 2015 at 7:48 AM Post #4 of 4
I suggest you try the Beyerdynamic t51p. It's not as neutral as the DT1350, but it has a more natural treble imo.
The t51p has an elevated mid-bass, but not as much as others like the KEF M500, B&W P5 (S2), Beats Solo 2, V-Moda M80 / M100 or Sennheiser Momentum on- or over- ear. I also think that for portable use this elevated bass is necessary because the ambient noise tends to mask the low frequencies first.

For portable use the t51p are my endgame headphones because I don't want over-ears (I sweat easily with those).

If you don't mind over-ears, the PM-3 seem an excellent choice for your tastes. It might be a bit out of budget, but it's as good as it gets for truly portable headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back