Closed portable for a non IEM guy?
Jul 12, 2007 at 7:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

xnothingpoetic

Headphoneus Supremus
I think it is official I am not an IEM guy anymore, after being introduced to the KSC-75, then the MS-1, PK2, and finally the PK1.

Trying to revisit IEMs, I bought the MylarOne X3 and wasn't very impressed (I find it to be too dark). It may be the fit, so I am willing to try some different tips out, but I don't think that is the real culprit.

I was wondering if a closed portable can such as the senn HD25-1 or ATH-ES7 would satisfy my full sized can needs?

Isolation would also be nice for the city. I was leaning towards the ES7 for the price (can be had for about $110). But from what I understand is it dosn't isolate as well as the HD25-1.
plainface.gif
But the ES7 could also attract some unwanted attention.

Jul 12, 2007 at 9:05 PM Post #2 of 4
The HD25 is certainly satisfying my need for an easy-to-use, great sounding headphone. Not perfect, but I like them a lot. Used with a Powerbook/Squeezebox/Benchmark DAC1 system, playing Apple lossless (currently about 370GB). I feel no need to chase an upgrade.

Jul 12, 2007 at 9:09 PM Post #3 of 4
I love my HD25-1's for portable purposes. Yes they're pricey, but imho worth every penny I paid for them.

They're small, extremely durable, the splitheadband is a great feature, and isolate extremely well. I use mine daily on a busride, and with the volume on my Zen Vision on 40% I can't really hear anything going on around me. And they even sound great too boot.

Jul 12, 2007 at 11:31 PM Post #4 of 4
I also really like the HD 25-1, they are small, extremely efficient, and are low impedance. With the optional velour earpads they are a great closed portable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back