Closed phone with KSC-75 signature
May 19, 2006 at 4:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

pencechp

Head-Fier
I'm absolutely a CONVERT to the KSC-75. But here's the problems I've got with it:
  1. It's not closed, and my listening environment is NOISY.
  2. I'm missing something of the detail in the upper mids and highs that my HD-280s give me so much of. That's crucial for classical and jazz.
  3. It's generally lacking something in overall sparkle, soundstage, etc. (this is the it's-just-a-$20-headphone complaint)

But that's it. Seriously.

So, I'm thinking that based on this experience, I might really like the DT 770. Is that right? It seems that most of the other big closed headphones are fairly bass-shy by comparison (K271, my HD280s, etc.). Durability is also *very* high on my list for my next purchase, I'm kind of thinking that HD280 + whatever the next phone I get is my end-of-the-line rig for a few years. So keep that factored into recommendations. What do you guys think could work?

EDIT: And, in hindsight, I just realized this might be the calling card for some closed AT woodies. Has anyone heard both those and the KSC-75?

May 19, 2006 at 7:38 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky
K240 Studio has the same sound sig as my portapros, but is not fully closed. Blocks the sounds of my computer and the people downstairs, but you can hear people talking next to you.

x2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back