Closed, Lightweight cans, about $400
Nov 3, 2013 at 5:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ascl

Head-Fier
Hi,

I'm looking for some new headphones for work. I am currently using AD700's, which are okay, but are open, and hence lack in isolation. They are, however, comfortable. I have some Sennheiser 280's, which are the opposite... great isolation, uncomfortable for long sessions. I also have some JH Audio custom IEMs, which are great, but not good for work, as I frequently have to remove them to talk to people. So, I'd like some suggestions for a comfortable, closed, headphone (not IEM).

I am driving them with a AudioEngine D1 DAC, and will spend $500 max, but I'm in Australia, so prices tend to be higher (or involve shipping). I prefer accurate sound and bass reproduction, and listen to a variety of music.

I am interested in the new Focal Spirit Professional's, they sound interesting, partially cause I have some Focal monitors (CMS65's), and partially cause they apparently have good, accurate sound. They are also very light (255g), which is lighter than my Audio Technica phones. Has anyone tried them and/or have any other suggestions?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back