Closed headphones with best clarity and comfort under 100 dollars
Oct 22, 2013 at 4:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ahunatu

100+ Head-Fier
Ok so I got the Logitech UE6000 thinking I was a basshead, turns out I'm not. All I heard was boomy bass and barely any high's mids. Not so good for long listening sessions. I'm starting to think JVC S500's have spoiled my expectations. What would be the closest to audiophile quality under 100 dollars. Something like Superlux 681's but in closed form. 

Right now I'm looking at The NVX XPT100(Brainwavz HM5), Sony Mdr zx700. sony 7506.

Is there a Sennheiser or AKG or Audio-technica that has better clarity/sound quality compared to these for around that price?

Edit: I should mention I like to listen to Industrial metal, NIN, Rammstein, etc. some rap.

Edit2: For example this song sounds amazing on my JVC S500. I want something that will make it sound as powerful but if it had maybe more clarity and around ear.  

Oct 22, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #2 of 6
Hi!

You should consider Takstar Pro 80

Best Luck!

Oct 23, 2013 at 2:49 AM Post #5 of 6
Hey MalVeaux I noticed you have the Philips Uptown's. How would you rate those on pure sound quality or is it more just a fun headphone? And does it have a overly boomy bass?

Oct 23, 2013 at 5:05 AM Post #6 of 6
  Hey MalVeaux I noticed you have the Philips Uptown's. How would you rate those on pure sound quality or is it more just a fun headphone? And does it have a overly boomy bass?

Heya,

The Uptowns do not have boomy bass at all. Sound quality wise, they're pretty good for their cost. A warm sound, slight V response shape in terms of frequency response. Not terribly bright. Not bassy and boomy, but not neutral. A warm side of a gentle V would probably describe it well. It's weakest point is its cable, which is very short, flat, not durable and the weakest part of the whole thing. Otherwise, very nice headphone since you can find it for like $75 these days instead of the $150 it retailed for at release.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back