Closed Headphones under $1000
Mar 22, 2015 at 7:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

whorn

100+ Head-Fier
My Bayerdynamic T70 was stolen out of my hotel room and I am looking for an upgrade.  I posted this in the help section, but it didn't get any replies yet. If this is the wrong place, I'm sorry.  
I loved the way they sounded.  I need closed headphones that don't leak a lot of sound as I will be using them while studying and possibly with another person in the room. Hearing people around me isn't problem it is them hearing my music. The T70s were great at not leaking at normal volumes. Also My source is TIDAL on my laptop a Bifrost DAC and a Bayerdynamic A2 amp. I am fine with buying used. I am looking at the Fostex TH-900, but have read that they leak significantl,y is that true. I thought I would also post the output of the A20 amp to make it easier, just in case.
100mW/600 ohms
170mW/250 ohms
150mW/30ohms

Thank you in advance,  
                                                                                                                                                                       Whorn32

Mar 23, 2015 at 8:40 PM Post #2 of 6
Yes I've also heard that the TH-900 leak quite a bit.  Too bad as they've always been on my list to try.
Well they're still on the list... but not expecting them to have much isolation. :)

You might want to check out Mr Speakers Alpha Prime headphone.  
They've gotten very good reviews on head-fi, and are said to isolate well.

Lengthy impression thread starts here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/737566/mrspeakers-alpha-prime-impressions-and-discussion-thread

Mar 26, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #4 of 6
  Thanks! I think I'm going to get the Alpha Prime headphones. 

Terrific!  I hope they work out well for you.  Still hoping to audition them at some point, but I've
been impressed by how listeners describe both the sound and comfort.

Mar 27, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #6 of 6
  I was about to order then and the hotel called and said that somebody returned the headphones. They are mailing them back to me now.

So lucky!  Obviously, the Force is with you. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back