closed headphones that sound similar to the HD600 / HD650?
Mar 24, 2014 at 5:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

seancaldwell

New Head-Fier
The Sennheiser HD600 and HD650's have been my go to headphones for many years in a voiceover booth. There are times that I need to do a more intimate read and the bleedthrough from the open hd600/650's can become a problem.

What closed headphones would have a similar sonic print as the aforementioned sennheisers? I have a pair of closed AKG K271 studio's and thought they lacked highs and bass. I *don't* want a hyped bass or high end, just something closer to what I get from the HD600's.

Price wise, I'm fine $300 - $400 if they are comparable quality in a closed headphone design. Thanks for any guidance and have a great week. Sean

Mar 25, 2014 at 1:29 PM Post #4 of 8
I don't think there are any that are just next door in sound signature.  However, you might find the Beyer DT 250, NAD VISO HP50 and Focal Spirit Pro to be in the neighborhood--and within your budget.

Beyers tend to be bright. And the spirit classic should be smoother/warmer than the hp50 and the spirit professional.

Mar 25, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #5 of 8

I don't think there are any that are just next door in sound signature.  However, you might find the Beyer DT 250, NAD VISO HP50 and Focal Spirit Pro to be in the neighborhood--and within your budget.

Beyers tend to be bright. And the spirit classic should be smoother/warmer than the hp50 and the spirit professional.

This is Beyers closed studio can.  I don't hear it to be bright.  It's neutral.

Mar 25, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #6 of 8
This is Beyers closed studio can.  I don't hear it to be bright.  It's neutral.

I don't hear it as bright either, but not neutral: I thought it sounded darker and very closed sounding.

Mar 25, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #7 of 8
  The Sennheiser HD600 and HD650's have been my go to headphones for many years in a voiceover booth. There are times that I need to do a more intimate read and the bleedthrough from the open hd600/650's can become a problem.

What closed headphones would have a similar sonic print as the aforementioned sennheisers? I have a pair of closed AKG K271 studio's and thought they lacked highs and bass. I *don't* want a hyped bass or high end, just something closer to what I get from the HD600's.

Price wise, I'm fine $300 - $400 if they are comparable quality in a closed headphone design. Thanks for any guidance and have a great week. Sean

Easily the Sennheiser Momentum, thought to be a mini HD650.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back