Closed Headphones for Walking Around Town
Mar 16, 2015 at 11:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Centropolis

100+ Head-Fier
I currently own a pair of SR-60i, Koss Porta Pro, Sony 7506 and Senn HD598, none of which are good for listening on the street, either too big and bulky or don't isolate anything from the outside at all. 

I am not looking for active noise cancelling headphones or IEMs but a pair of good sounding closed overhead headphones for listening on the road that are not big and bulky. 

Budget is about USD$200.  Any recommendations?  Main criteria is size and sound.

Mar 21, 2015 at 12:19 AM Post #3 of 7
Hmm, I would probably be looking at the usual suspects: Audio-Technica ATH-M50X, Sennheiser Momentum, Shure SRH840, etc.

There are still relatively big.  I am thinking more like HD25 or B&W P5....those sizes but don't know which one fits the budget and isolate outside noise well.  P5 gets decent reviews but seems like a on-ear and not closed on ear.  The Momentum on ears seems like a good fit but the sound signature might be too much like my HD598?

Any other ideas?

Mar 21, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #5 of 7
I would look at the V-MODA line some good choices.

Mar 21, 2015 at 12:51 PM Post #6 of 7
Hmm, I would probably be looking at the usual suspects: Audio-Technica ATH-M50X, Sennheiser Momentum, Shure SRH840, etc.

Exactly what I had in mind. Any of those, or a Bower & Wilkins P7.
If nothing we've mentioned interests you, lastly look at the Brainwavz M5, and if that still doesn't cut your buck, you might be being a bit too picky.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back