Closed headphones for portables
Oct 4, 2009 at 5:50 PM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by mow_the_hawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... I have heard the SRH440, and thought they same thing. I like them very much, I just want to know how they compare to the SRH840 and the HD25, so I dont regret my decision because I cant hear the other two phones before I buy.

I have the same problem, since ES7s and D1001s seem to have less isolation. I hope I'll find those cans somewhere so than I can try them on
normal_smile .gif

Oct 4, 2009 at 7:32 PM Post #17 of 18
I just picked up a set of the HD25-1 IIs and I have to day they are great portables that give you 85% of the isolation of a good IEM (ETY ER4-P) and sound good.

I can't say they give me the enjoyment of the SE530s but they are MUCH less hassle than taking out an IEM and putting them back on.

They definitely focus on a lot on bass while setting the mids and highs a little back. It takes some getting used to

I guess I'll give it few more days to see how I settle in with it.

Oct 4, 2009 at 11:00 PM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by sxr71 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just picked up a set of the HD25-1 IIs and I have to day they are great portables that give you 85% of the isolation of a good IEM (ETY ER4-P) and sound good.

I can't say they give me the enjoyment of the SE530s but they are MUCH less hassle than taking out an IEM and putting them back on.

They definitely focus on a lot on bass while setting the mids and highs a little back. It takes some getting used to

I guess I'll give it few more days to see how I settle in with it.

Thanks, and I see you have some portable amps. How does the HD25 scale with the use of an amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back