Closed headphones and ears heat
Oct 28, 2016 at 4:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Vonsid

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

In the search of my new pair of headphones i was looking for something bassy while keeping a good overall sound quality. I pre-selected closed type headphones as i've read they were superior for bass. I ended up picking the V-Moda Crossfade Wireless, and i have a true comfort issue with them : my ears are getting VERY hot quite fast, to the point i simply have to remove the headphones. I'm probably more sensitive to this than the average person, still i can't envision wearing them for extended periods, and we're not even in summer when the problem will be much worse.

Question is : Will i encounter the problem with every closed headphones, and should i start looking for semi-closed/open, or are there closed headphones that deal with temperatures better ?

Thanks.

Oct 28, 2016 at 5:11 PM Post #2 of 3
The culprit is probably the pads. I had ATH-M50x's and the stock pleather pads gave me the prickly hot sensation after an hour. After I got the velour pads, I could wear them for at least 4 hours.

Closed-back isn't the issue, it's more about the pads. You can try the XL cushion pads from V-Moda so they go over your ears instead of trapping the heat on them before you look for other headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back