Closed headphones $50 or less?
Apr 1, 2007 at 10:55 AM Post #18 of 53
AKG K81, maybe the 518's if you don't like the color scheme of the 81's.

Apr 1, 2007 at 6:34 PM Post #19 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by mektarus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you could find some used Koss A130's here on the FS forum you wouldn't be sorry.

Unless you're expecting any semblance of isolation, then you would be sorry.

Apr 2, 2007 at 2:44 AM Post #21 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inkmo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Panasonic RP-HTX7 is less than fifty and looks pretty stylish. Fry's carries 'em. They essentially meet your criteria. It's just, I can't comment on their sound because I haven't heard them. There are threads around here somewheres...

I believe they're known to be comparable to K81DJ's, yet with an emphasis on treble and a lack of bass.

And avoid Skullycandy.

Apr 2, 2007 at 3:12 AM Post #23 of 53
I'm starting to feel like a shill for AT, but I still recommend the AudioTechnica SJ5 in this price range.

They sound and feel a LOT better than the K26P.

Apr 2, 2007 at 3:22 AM Post #24 of 53
get an mdr-v150 for $20... oh, oops!

i can't tell you what you can buy in a store though... can you ask a friend or someone that can buy headphones for you online? usually if you pay them first (and maybe some *tip*) they will do it for you. especially if you buy from a more reputable place like amazon-which everyone knows

Apr 2, 2007 at 5:03 AM Post #25 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by cratskomodo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
whats so bad about the skullcandys?

They're fashion accessories, you can easily get better sounding headphones, just have a look at the reccomendations, any one of them will be better
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 3, 2007 at 2:05 AM Post #27 of 53
Quote:

do they even suck more than the iBuds?

They are an even poorer value than the iBuds. I'd rate the Skullcandy headphones as seriously overpriced for the sound quality that they deliver. Those headphones cost $50 at retail, but sound as bad as many $20 headphones on the market.

Apr 3, 2007 at 4:17 AM Post #29 of 53
Quote:

but compared to the sound, not price, they suck more?

skull candy full size cans might possibly sound worse than ibuds. For 25 dollars you can have Sennheiser HD201, one of the very few cheapass full sized closed headphones that sounds good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back