Closed Headphone suggestion (outside use)
Jan 31, 2009 at 10:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Hyl

Head-Fier
I currently own ATH esw9 and had used shure se530 before. Even though i still like these headphones, i prefer to use a full closed headphone (seems more comfortable).
So do you guys know a good (about the same or better sq than the shure se530 or the asw9 )full size closed headphone that i can use for walking to my school (30 minutes walk)

Feb 3, 2009 at 11:30 AM Post #5 of 9
Do you really want a full size headphone for walking on the streets?
Seems really inconvenient to me, especially because you have to store it somewhere also.

IMO you already have 2 quality portable headphones that should cover all your needs.

Feb 3, 2009 at 11:38 AM Post #6 of 9
x2 can that doesnt isolate (if OP listens at moderately quiet volumes). At high volumes i doubt it will make a difference (having a pair that dont isolate at all). Team safety
biggrin.gif

Feb 3, 2009 at 4:34 PM Post #9 of 9
ATH-M50 will be a good choice for portable use in your case - they are pretty comfortable (unless you have very large ears), isolate reasonably well (better than Denon AH-D1001, although not as good as Senn HD280Pro), and sound nice and clear with very good extension both high and low. AKG K271 will be a bit too bulky for portable use IMO, while HD280Pros don't sound quite as good as ATH-M50 and definitely not as good as your Shure SE530s or ATH-ESW9s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back