Closed headphone recommendations
Aug 17, 2007 at 12:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

tot

100+ Head-Fier
Sorry if this has been asked before, but the searching about the subject seems overwhelming.

I am looking for closed headphones to use in situations where my HD-600/HD-650's leak too much noise outside. I like very much the tonality of those Senns and would like to find something comparable.

So far I have been using Shure E500's which sound decent but putting them on is tricky and they isolate me too much (can't hear absolutely anything if music is on.)

I am a basshead when it comes to headphones and the low-end performance is way more important to me (E500's rolled off highs have not so far put me off.)

My research shows DT770's and Proline 750's as possible candidates. Anyone heard those vs. HD-650's, or any other good ideas?

Aug 17, 2007 at 12:51 AM Post #2 of 6
I currently own a HD650. while this headphone sounds amazing, the open design really bothers me since I am hearing too much noise from out side when I am listen to my music.
(i don't like to turn my music too loud, I am listening to music right now and I can hear the sound coming out from my computer, my typing sound, and my mom washing her cup. )

I am having the same trouble as you, don't know which one should I switch to...... but currently I am aiming for an audio technica W5000

Aug 17, 2007 at 1:48 AM Post #4 of 6
Check out the Denons (D2000 or D5000). I recently did a head to head comparison between a recabled D2000 and a stock HD650 and preferred the Denons. Deeper bass with more punch; warm mids that are more forward than the Senns; and treble with more extension and sparkle. IMHO, the only thing the Senns did better than the recabled D2000 was soundstage, but not by a wide margin.

Aug 17, 2007 at 3:07 AM Post #5 of 6
Man, you people really need to look at other posts, or these forums will turn out like this:

Can you hear me now? Good.

Aug 17, 2007 at 3:19 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by tot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry if this has been asked before, but the searching about the subject seems overwhelming.

I am looking for closed headphones to use in situations where my HD-600/HD-650's leak too much noise outside. I like very much the tonality of those Senns and would like to find something comparable.

So far I have been using Shure E500's which sound decent but putting them on is tricky and they isolate me too much (can't hear absolutely anything if music is on.)

I am a basshead when it comes to headphones and the low-end performance is way more important to me (E500's rolled off highs have not so far put me off.)

My research shows DT770's and Proline 750's as possible candidates. Anyone heard those vs. HD-650's, or any other good ideas?

I currently have the Senn 650s and had the 750s before I moved up to the Edtiion 9s. IMO the Senn 650 having good bass, detail, more laid back, and darker are nicely complimented by the Ultrasone 750s good deep bass, detailed, brighter and more forward presentation. I find the Senn to Ultrasone a nice contrast that gives me good variety in sound & presentation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back