Closed Equivalent Of The HD650
Feb 25, 2020 at 8:12 PM Post #2 of 6
If you can find used Oppo PM-3s, that may fit the bill of a laid back signature (personally have one).

Or you can wait for the Panda coming out as it appears to be derived from Oppo's PM line of drivers.

Other than that, I don't recall reading up on any closed-back equivalent for the HD650.

Feb 26, 2020 at 9:00 AM Post #4 of 6
If you can find used Oppo PM-3s, that may fit the bill of a laid back signature (personally have one).

Or you can wait for the Panda coming out as it appears to be derived from Oppo's PM line of drivers.

Other than that, I don't recall reading up on any closed-back equivalent for the HD650.

The PM-3 paired with the Mojo is what I used for 3 years at the office. I may just have to replace the earpads myself (I'm terrible at that sort of thing).

What company is making the "Panda" and when is the scheduled release date?

Feb 26, 2020 at 10:16 AM Post #5 of 6
Feb 26, 2020 at 2:17 PM Post #6 of 6
The PM-3 paired with the Mojo is what I used for 3 years at the office. I may just have to replace the earpads myself (I'm terrible at that sort of thing).

If you contact Oppo Digital's customer service, they should get back to you on how to buy the spare ear pads for them (last time I contacted them, they said they're running spare earpads for the PM-3s for at least another year). However, note that this route is around $36 plus shipping - a bit costly option.

Alternatively, you can buy 3rd party replacement pads that fit headphones like the Audio Technica M50X / MSR7 and just put the pads over the earcups without the clip on connector of the stock earpads. You can search somewhere in this forum how others have placed theirs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back