Closed ear bassy full size headphones for less than 100€
Dec 26, 2015 at 4:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

fakeblitz

New Head-Fier
I am looking for some headphones that have good isolation, i hate high trebles energies, i like sweet and smooth.
Mostly i listen to rock and metal, i currently own SoundMagic E10S, which are okayish... I recently bought and returned VSonic VSD5, which had very high trebles and Logitech X530 sound system.
So far i am l inclined to buy professional-ish headphones such as:
- Audio-Technica ATH-M40x ( a user warned me these had high trebles so, a no go)
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO ( same has the above by the reviews i have read)
- Sennheiser HD 380 PRO
- Sony MDR7506 (outdated maybe? but so many good reviews, its amazing. and as i was writing this topic and researching, i found that the quality is really bad these last batches(amazon) earpads fall off very easily, they stop working, very poor costumer support from sony. So a no go...?)

Dec 27, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #3 of 20
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beyerdynamic-DT990-PRO-Headset-250/dp/B0011UB9CQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1451231551&sr=1-1&keywords=Beyerdynamic+DT990+PRO+Headset+-+250+OHM

What do you guys think?

Dec 27, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #4 of 20
Well, after pulling a lot of hairs, and reading extensive "versus", i ended up ordering the 770 pro.

I can still cancel, i am still having doubts, this is without a doubt the hardest purchasing decision i have ever made...

Dec 27, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #5 of 20
  What do you guys think?

The DT990 Pro that you link to certainly do not fit the bill - they are open headphones and as such do not provide isolation. The DT770 Pro that you ordered are a much better match. The widely recommended ATH-M50x are a good alternative (not necessarily better, both are good). There is sadly no substitute for trying headphones on.

Dec 27, 2015 at 5:47 PM Post #6 of 20
Yes, so far i have read that DT990 may be slightly better(relative to the user) sounding IF there's no background noise. About the M50x, for what i have read, they are inferior for comfort, also having higher trebles and less bass

I am not sure if i made the right choice(i can still go back) on choosing the 80ohms, having only a standard motherboard and phone

Dec 27, 2015 at 6:20 PM Post #7 of 20
DT990, good bass for an open can, but the treble destroyed my mind, body and soul. They were returned the same day.

770 I hope should be better for your requirements.

Beyerdynamic Custom Studio filled me with pleasure and glee.

I listen to everything from dance and hip hop to jazz and acoustic.

Dec 27, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #9 of 20
  Have you tried 770's?
I mostly listen to rock and metal, sometimes classical.
The Costum Studio were on my list without a doubt, but too much for my budget :/

Not tried the 770's but I have the 1770's and I'd marry them if headphone marriage was legal.

Dec 27, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #10 of 20

Not tried the 770's but I have the 1770's and I'd marry them if headphone marriage was legal.

Well, they do look sexy, in russia a guy married a pizza so who knows...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00D77U5US?ref_=gb1h_tit_m-3_5387_412556e5&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

They are certainty interesting, research time

Dec 29, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #11 of 20
I just received them, kinda disappointed for the money
Negative:
- i expected much better isolation, this is the most biggest minus for me, i can still hear the keystrokes that i type, and people around me will listen to what i am listening....
- compared to Vsonic vsd5 its lacking some sounds i knew that were there

Positive:
- Extremely well build and robust, even by the reviews said the same, but still.
- Very Comfortable (20 minutes so far)

Positive and Negative
- Warm sounds, even before burn in, good amount of each frequencies(in my opinion and taste), although if the volume is a bit higher treble will going to excel the bass(may need to burn in/adapt and or amp)

Not positive or negative
If you want a high volume you will need a AMP, kind of expected even with only 80 Ohm's of impedance.
Package is okay-ish, doesn't really matter to me...

Is there more isolation from the left than the right? might be just me.
I am not very happy with the purchase, not sure if i am returning

Dec 29, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #12 of 20
The Philips FX5M have very tuned bass, lots of it without affecting the mids and treble.  They have switches to open ports up.  Nobody seems to know about them and they are a bargain!  Far better than the Philips Uptowns with their recessed mids, also the fx5ms have more bass and are cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back