closed collapsable headphones
Jan 31, 2009 at 1:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

MWar

New Head-Fier
Hi!
I'm also looking for a closed portable (headband type and collapsable) headphones, specially for my mp3 player and also for listening films of TV eventually.
Price inferior to 90 $.
I've seen AKG K 430, AKG K 450, AKG K 518 DJ. Do you know something about them ? Are they OK for these uses? Or do you recommend me any other?

Jan 31, 2009 at 4:09 PM Post #2 of 2
sennheiser hd280pro.

Every once in a great while somebody makes a small "mistake" of sorts that somehow gets things more right than they perhaps ought to be .... Well, CRASH!BOOM!BAM!BING!SPLAT!... These headphones sound good for sealed-earcup, full-size cans priced under $100! Although maybe missing just a bit of audio detail at the edges of the frequency range, the 280Pro remains a smooth-toned sealed headphone that manages to achieve decently clean sonics going from low to high. It's an enjoyable pair of headphones for all the things you normally want sealed (closed-earcup) headphones for: noise-blocking for commuting on planes, trains, & automobiles; for watching movies in bed; or for listening in quiet workplaces or in noisy environments. The HD280 remains efficient enough to be used with most portable audio players and laptop computers BUT it will definitely sonically bloom and become much better musically detailed when paired with any dedicated headphone amp. The HD280Pro has also become the headphone choice of many audio, film, and location recording/mixing professionals due to its clear, flat tonal presentation, very effective ambient noise attenuation properties, and extremely durable build quality. The HD280Pro remains a true workhorse of a sealed-earcup headphone at a really hard-to-beat price.

Sennheiser HD 280 Pro @ HeadRoom - Right Between Your Ears

you will hear nothing but the music (great isolation) and they also sound very sweet.

had mine for 3+ years, always enjoy listening to them.

Sennheiser HD 280 PRO Professional Headphones - eBay (item 310114339409 end time Feb-07-09 07:49:02 PST)

not my listing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back