Closed, clarity and soundstage
Nov 14, 2015 at 4:22 AM Post #16 of 48
I also think they would fit your needs pretty well. I think it does everything you described in your first post (Considering to buy them myself too
tongue.gif
). 

In case you decide to go for the H6, here is few things to keep in mind:

-People say it sounds harsh straight out of the package, but vastly improves upon burn in. So give them proper burn in.
-Be careful about choosing the right colour. I heard the pads of the brown/white H6 get dirty easily, so you might wanna consider the black version if you're planning to take these cans outdoors. (Check the beoplay H6 thread for pictures of the dirty pads). 

Nov 15, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #17 of 48
I have the graphite/blush (gray leather pads and headband/red metal on outside of cups).  I have had them for six months, and with daily use (2+ hours for day mostly outdoors - walls) the leather shows no signs of discoloration of distress.

Nov 15, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #18 of 48
The best for you is the NAD VISO HP50 - extremely good, live sound  but small earcups
2nd Best is the Focal Spirit Classic - more bass, less natural, but small earcups

I have heard sll other cans that were mentioned, and the NAD and Focal are better. The H6 has no bass, soundstage very good and same as NAD HP50, it has a bit more detail than the NAD / Focal, but the NAD / Focals are more full and complete sounding.

Nov 15, 2015 at 11:39 AM Post #20 of 48
Or wait on Nov 18 for their official launch date, and see when we get our hands on Core, Deep and Pure soundscape. Will probably encourage them to give some reviews in Headfi, I'm not sure how great is their frequency graph you can find in the link, the frequency graph for over-ears will be release during or after launch date:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/152157481/axel-modular-headphones-with-a-difference-soundsca

Nov 15, 2015 at 2:41 PM Post #21 of 48
I've heard the NAD (I own the m4u2 and I have to say while I think the B&O is overall maybe slightly better, for more than $100 less, I'd go for the NADs as well.

The best for you is the NAD VISO HP50 - extremely good, live sound  but small earcups
2nd Best is the Focal Spirit Classic - more bass, less natural, but small earcups

I have heard sll other cans that were mentioned, and the NAD and Focal are better. The H6 has no bass, soundstage very good and same as NAD HP50, it has a bit more detail than the NAD / Focal, but the NAD / Focals are more full and complete sounding.

NAD's or H6? I haven't heard neither of them, what I care about most is having deep clear sound, wide soundstage and clear bass, nice and punchy that doesn't get muddy no matter the volume. Comfort is a plus as well

Nov 15, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #22 of 48
NAD's or H6? I haven't heard neither of them, what I care about most is having deep clear sound, wide soundstage and clear bass, nice and punchy that doesn't get muddy no matter the volume. Comfort is a plus as well

I'd go for NAD's if you don't mind the looks. They are definitely nicer looking than my M4U2's but still. 

Thing is: these are all closed can's and as such they will naturally have a much smaller sound-stage than open headphones at similar price. HOWEVER, the NAD's (and PSB brother) image very very well. This creates a sense of space in the music. If the record is spacey and clear, the NAD's will reflect this and sound clear. On muddily recorded albums, the NAD's will sound muddy.

Thus, they are quite transparent. If the music was recorded badly, these headphones won't colour the sound very much. If there is a lot of bass on the album, they will reflect this well with nice tight, and clear bass. This is, however, not at all a naturally 'bassy' headphone. Neither is the H6 though. These truly shine in the mids: smooth, vibrant, ORGANIC, mids that are so, so well refined.

If you're looking for a portable, clear, bassy headphone, you could also look into the Sennheiser hd25 II, and the Momentum On-Ear 2's. They are all the same price (or cheaper) than the NAD's.

Cheers.

Nov 16, 2015 at 2:18 AM Post #26 of 48
I Don't know if you gonna get the clarity you want from NAD. From what I've read it seems to be more 'smooth' hp.  I think H6 would give you the clarity you want and it DOES HAVE BASS. This is from someone who comes from D7000 and LCD-3. It doesn't have over emphasized bass like D7000. The bass is there, it does not bleed into other frequencies and it is good quality IMO.

Nov 16, 2015 at 8:08 AM Post #27 of 48
  I Don't know if you gonna get the clarity you want from NAD. From what I've read it seems to be more 'smooth' hp.  I think H6 would give you the clarity you want and it DOES HAVE BASS. This is from someone who comes from D7000 and LCD-3. It doesn't have over emphasized bass like D7000. The bass is there, it does not bleed into other frequencies and it is good quality IMO.

They may be on the smooth-mid-side, but they are still clear... :p. Again though, it depends on the recording's quality.
  It doesn't have over emphasized bass like D7000. The bass is there, it does not bleed into other frequencies and it is good quality IMO.

This can also be said for the NAD's.

Nov 16, 2015 at 10:43 PM Post #29 of 48
Help me choose... I'm looking for some closed cans to be powered without an amp, just my android phone, I want wide soundstage, clear highs and smooth bass. Preferrably something with isolation and without much leak (portable). I tried vmodas and found it too "unclear", felt it's all too "bassy" and couldn't really define everything, I owned and liked the soundmagic hp150 but they broke.. Im willing to spend around $400, any suggestion would be life saving..

It's mainly for music.. Rock (metal, classic, alternative) and pretty much anything with vocals, guitars, drums and bass

MSR7 is suit for your needs. Fast and tight bass for metal and rock because the aggressive sounding, great vocals especially female vocals, string instruments, bras instruments,sounds very lively
Not sure with Momentum 2, because never tried that. But Mike ex.headfonia reviewer said Momentum 2 is really good headphones but not for metal and rock because the sounds is too smooth
IMO, MDR-1A is not best choice too (for metal and rock) because bassy, I'm still prefer M50x (or Grado lineup) than MDR-1A
I don't know about H6 and Oppo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back