Closed Circumaural cans for ambient/ ethnic/ RnB music on Personal media player
Nov 26, 2013 at 6:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

dggopal

New Head-Fier

So as the tittle suggests I am looking for some closed cans I can use on the train/plane without disturbing others.  These will be used mostly with a microsoft zune mp3 player and very rarely with a desktop.  I Listen to a lot of Ambient and ethnic fusion music ( Buddha Bar, shpongle, karsh Kale) as well as RnB and hip hop.  Am not a definite basshead but perfer a solid bass when not at the expense of clarity and treble.

That being said I was looking at the shure srh840 but was unsure if the zune could drive them without an amp or if those cans would suit my music well?  I would perfer not having to get an amp/dac as that is one more thing to carry in a pocket, but if that is what it takes to get great sound then I am open to advice.  Perhaps I may get the headphones now and then the amp later to make them better.  I do perfer a detachable/replaceable cord feature as I have a lot of headphones die due to the cord being damaged or the left or right side goes silent unless i bend the cord a certain way.  Would definitely want the ability to easily remedy that with a new cord.

All that said my budget total is around 150- $200.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back