Closed cans under $30
May 29, 2006 at 2:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Csericks

Headphoneus Supremus
My son is looking for some closed cans for less than $30 for use with his ipod and with his "DS". Do you have any recommendations? Thanks for your help!

May 29, 2006 at 2:15 AM Post #2 of 8
The AKG k26P can be had on these forums for $30 and they're really small and have good isolation, but have poor, grainy mids, rolled-off highs and lots of bass. For ~$27 shipped from HeadRoom, you can get the Sennheiser HD-201's, which have much better SQ but are bigger and don't isolate as well as the k26P.

May 29, 2006 at 6:29 AM Post #5 of 8
Sennheiser EH150. Great, great, great phone for its price. Its a closed supraaural on adult ears, but depending on your sons age it might totally enclose them. But its a closed design, meaning it wont leak any sound, and it gives decent isolation. The bonus of the supraaural design is that your son can still hear outside noises, but they are clearly pushed back. Therefore he can hear important things, but he wont blar the volume either. I'm a big fan of this can.

May 29, 2006 at 11:21 AM Post #6 of 8
If you can give him a loan to get up to $40 to your door, check Froogle.com for the Philips HP460. An incredible sounding closed can that an iPod will drive without breaking a sweat and it isolates very well, better than some $200 closed cans I have.

May 29, 2006 at 1:08 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by derek8555
For more portablility, try Sennheiser CX300, they are well regarded here for what they do at their price level and can be had for $30 new(if lucky)/used.

EP630s are quite the same thing and can always be had for under 30e, new (atleast in here, but should be even cheaper in the US).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back